Connection help,appreciate your time.

  • Thread starter Thread starter arckon
  • 5 comments
  • 765 views
Messages
7
Last night testing for an online league. All Aussies, located in Oz.

Private lounge was opened, I joined no problems. Next person to enter lounge kept coming up with the loading tyre track under his name, he could not see or hear me but he could the room host. We could even all race but each of us could only see the room host and not each other. 4th person joined same thing, another 2 joined who I could chat with and see no problems.

So 6 people in room 4 I can connect see/chat with the other 2 I can not. I then left room and whenever rejoined same 2 I could not connect with and I would then be disconnected from server within a couple of minutes of entering.

5MB upload, 1MB download, 15 - 90 ms sec ping to where the furtherest person was located in Oz, nat type 2.

Any ideas on problem or help?
 
quick bump, as I posted relatively early Europe/US time, no one with any possible ideas on problem?
 
This is due to the NAT type.. seach in you*tube for: ps3 NAT type 3 to NAT type 2
 
best connection is type nat 1 the only way you can get it is run straight to the modem, type 2 nat is when you are running threw a router
 
what if the modem is a router??

i kinda have the same problems....
my modem is a wifi router. 4ports
 
NAT type 2 is just as fine as NAT type 1, though like the previous poster said, it is the best. It just makes you the most compatible with everything, but most users will be type 2. If you have type 3, you may want to look into your router settings for the DMZ and set your PS3 to the DMZ, this will disable anything that may be blocking you (i.e. firewall, filters). It's a bit tough to explain how to do, but I'm sure you can find guides online or in your modem/routers manual which btw is known as a surfboard modem. Hope this helps!
 
Back