connection

  • Thread starter Thread starter musomaniak
  • 12 comments
  • 1,179 views
Messages
232
Messages
musomaniak
hi guys , need some help if possible , i have numerous other games i play other than gt5 , ie -- other racing games -- shift 2 , f1-2010 , fps games , black ops , bad company 2 , crysis 2 , and i play all of these online without any problem , now when it comes to gt5 and playing online , i have lots of problems , most of the time i can actually enter a room , even get as far as the track , then i get a message stating " you have been disconnected from the server" this happens roughly 4 out of 5 rooms i try , i also get "not compatible " when trying to enter some rooms too although not as often as "you have been disconnected from the server"
i have a wired connection which presents no problems at all with all the other games i have mentioned . Its really beginning to p**s me off now , and its spoiling some great online racing ,would love to know if theres anything i can do about it .
 
I'm no expert and I'm in the same boat and from what I read, no one is really certain as to what is going on. There were times I went days without a disconnect, and without seeing much lag in anyone online in all kinds of random lobbies. Then it all goes nuts for a few days. Since PSN came back it's been the worst ever. I get disconnected from my own lobby running by myself. Other people have posted like you that they play all kinds of games without a problem so I don't think this is a connection issue on the user end, I think it's on the PSN or GT5 side of things.
 
yeah i think you're right , its so frustrating and dissapointing though , and finding an answer is like looking for the holy grail , wouldn't you think it would be in gt5/psn interest to get it looked into ?
 
I'm no expert and I'm in the same boat and from what I read, no one is really certain as to what is going on. There were times I went days without a disconnect, and without seeing much lag in anyone online in all kinds of random lobbies. Then it all goes nuts for a few days. Since PSN came back it's been the worst ever. I get disconnected from my own lobby running by myself. Other people have posted like you that they play all kinds of games without a problem so I don't think this is a connection issue on the user end, I think it's on the PSN or GT5 side of things.

Same here . It's frustrating specially when you're about to win a 3 lap race in Nurb or de la Sarthe. :ouch:
 
well for the most part i cant even get into a room to even start a race !!!:nervous:
i wonder if i set up a room , maybe you could try getting in ? or vice versa ? just out of curiosity :dunce:
 
Don't know how PSN is built up, but if you're all from North America, then maybe it's something with your region that is not as it should be? I haven't experienced any of this, but I also haven't had the time to go online yet scince PSN went back up...
 
It happens with ALOT of people on GT5 and usually the problem tends to be the fact that you are using wireless. I had catastrophic problems running GT5 on wireless! then i plugged my ethernet cable in and the problems died down. The servers on GT5 aren't particularly good in any shape or form.

So it's not you're own fault to be honest it's just that GT5 online feature sucks with wireless or for anyone with a not so perfect signal, yet if you go on black ops 2 seconds later you could have the best signal in the game lol
 
yeah my ps3 is wired to the router , and this is the only game i have trouble with , and its killin me cos i love it when i do manage to get on
 
I had catastrophic problems running GT5 on wireless!

Hm... now that you say it... last time I tried the PS3 on a wireless connection, the entire PSN went down for a couple of weeks. Sorry about that, folks. :guilty:
 
Haha yeah! But seriously. The game doesnt run anywhere near as smooth as it does on Ethernet
 
I have a wireless conetion and it's ok it happens every so often
 
There is also a "cache" that should be emptied out ounce in awhile, I think it helps online run a bit smother. You can find it under options at the main menu, next to 'GT mode' and 'Arcade mode'
 
could anyone who has no problems connecting online with gt5 post their ps3 settings , and router settings , just so i can compare , and hopefully find something i can change in my setup. still it just seems strange i can play dirt 3 , shift 2, and f1 2010 without any connection problems online :grumpy:
 
Back