Consequences to the delay?

  • Thread starter Thread starter eclipz
  • 8 comments
  • 705 views
Messages
16
Canada
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think Polyphony Digital is in an interesting position here. I can't remember a launch date that contributed to false advertising yet. I've attached a scan from a Sony flyer where they advertise a PS2 and GT4 package, in which you receive a gift card for $25 CDN if you purchase a PS2 and GT4.

Now since the game has been delayed you can't purchase GT4 to receive the gift card. Is there any consequence to this? I honestly don't see much an issue in Canada, but you never know what might happen in the States if some lawyer got his/her hands on this. :)

GT4%20Bundle.jpg


later,
mk
 
I don't think an advertisemnt on a flyer is a legally binding contract. Did you read any fine print? I'm sure it said "release date subject to change without notice"
 
Lets Sue Their Brains Out!!!

Bwhaahaahaha
 
I'm sure the deal will still hold, two weeks or so after GT4's release.
 
Nemo
Lets Sue Their Brains Out!!!

Bwhaahaahaha

And then all you people almost committing suicide over the delay will never get GT4. Smart.
 
I know life sucks (especially mine), but don't think getting GT4 is a lifelong dream.

Only real consequences of the delay would be p*ssed off GT fans. Of course, that's obvious. Other obvious consequence? The game won't be a finalist for "Racing Game of 2004," if not a finalist for "2004 Game of the Year." But fear not, GTPlanet. You're getting GTPlanet. I'm kind of hoping I can get the game before my 22nd birthday (1/15/2005), so I can get it as a birthday present. Or if it comes around Valentine's Day... and this is going to sound stupid... maybe a girl can give it to me for Valentine's Day. Feeling lucky? Game could come before St. Patrick's Day or during American college basketball's March Madness. Sometimes, you have to try to make this fun.

I think you'll still get your copy of GT4. All I'm doing is playing the role of being optimistic. Why? It's because while these delays can strangle you by the neck to the point where you're damn near choking your life out. So just relax about the delay. Relax even if it's delayed to next Christmas (%101 that this won't happen). So, I hope I answered your question from a funny and serious standpoints.
 
Back