Considering a 87 Pulsar, need advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thirdeye
  • 4 comments
  • 630 views
Messages
1,505
United States
Grand Rapids, M
Messages
ThirdeYe1337
Messages
Derek1337
I currently have a 1998 Nissan Altima GXE, it has decent aftermarket alloys, and i just put $250 worth of speakers in it, but my friend is selling his 1987 Nissan Pulsar that he got from his grandma, that has only 40,000 miles on it. I'm guessing it was decently taken care of since it was an old lady's car, plus Pulsars are awesome looking, he's asking $1000 for it. I don't know if I should sell my altima to get it (I paid about $3800 for the altima with 118k miles two months ago), or just keep the altima. I'd appreciate any advice :P
 
Is 'neither' an option?

That $3800 could've been well spent on the previous design (93-97) Altima, where you could've gotten a 1996 SE or GLE model with leather and a sunroof, and probably fewer miles. At this point, the damage (so to speak) is done, and, cool-looking though Pulsars are, there was never a fast US model, so I'd say stick it out with the Altima. Where in Michigan do you live?
 
What would your motivation be for buying the Pulsar?
 
Lastability, I don't know how well my car was taken care of because the previous owner (A korean lady who was travelling back to her country) barely spoke any english, and she didn't even know when the oil was last changed.... it was originally a california car. I'll be heading to college and back everyday starting in the fall, so i need some reliable wheels, if im gonna be driving 20 minutes back and forth every day.

M5Power - Grand Rapids
 
Thirdeye
Lastability, I don't know how well my car was taken care of because the previous owner (A korean lady who was travelling back to her country) barely spoke any english, and she didn't even know when the oil was last changed.... it was originally a california car. I'll be heading to college and back everyday starting in the fall, so i need some reliable wheels, if im gonna be driving 20 minutes back and forth every day.

If you want reliability I wouldn't be looking at a 1987, regardless of the mileage. Keep the Altima, even though it's a GXE...

M5Power - Grand Rapids

:D Pretty close to me!
 
Back