Console issue 1.06

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pcaola
  • 8 comments
  • 857 views
Messages
127
United States
S.Jersey
Messages
Pauly295
Hello GT racers. I've tried to come back to GT after some time off for moving to a new house. God I HATE moving!

After a month or so away from the game I threw in my favorite disc, and was promoted to update to the latest game version 1.06. Every time I click update, my PS3 restarts and basically returns me to the same screen. BUT..... If I hit (circle) and back out of the update screen, it tries to re-log me back into the PS3 network. I then get into GT6 with an error code and can play but with no online options at all. No DLC, Seasonals etc.
I did delete the Game Data hoping to re-install the basics of GT6, but that has only given me the same result.

The problem happens with both account names on my PS3 but I have no problems playing or updating any other games.
Any help, ideas, input would be appreciated.

Paul
 
This happened to me a few times in the past with an update, but it kind of resolved itself with repeated attempts at updating. It was very annoying.
 
This is what I did when it happened to me in another update:

1. Press O when it says to update.
2. Press O again so I don't sign in.
3. Go to "Notifications".
4. Message will pop up saying that you have to update GT6. Download and install the update.

That's what did it for me. Might be different for others.
 
I've seen that advice a few times, so it's very possible that it'll work.
 
Download the updates from GT6 site using your pc, put on USB stick, then upload USB to PS3.
 
This is what I did when it happened to me in another update:

1. Press O when it says to update.
2. Press O again so I don't sign in.
3. Go to "Notifications".
4. Message will pop up saying that you have to update GT6. Download and install the update.

That's what did it for me. Might be different for others.
While I've had no problems updating, I have had to stop the game from loading after an update and restart the game load process. In other words, not totally restarting the PS3, just start the game from the XMB menu. I think they're trying to kill all the PS3s.
 
My console freezes every time I update GT6. It has to check for corrupted files and then it starts the game after (never tries to install the update again either). Bad enough the game isn't really all there but they're so bad at programming they can't even make an update that doesn't mess up the console. I haven't had any other game freeze the PS3 besides the GT games. GT5 actually froze and messed up the hard drive so bad I couldn't repair it or reformat it properly after that and had to buy a new drive. That's pretty bad. Only on the PS3 does that crap happen.
 
Sorry was going to sleep:rolleyes:
 
Back