Console to PC need advive/opinion..

• Thread starter Jerr
  • 2 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hello all..

Iv'e been a console (PS) gamer for about 12 years now..
I only play sim racing games..like GTS..PC1/2..AC..F1..etcetc..
Recently updated my sim racing gear from a..
T300 GT Rs..(Ferrari F1 steer)..T3PA Pro (with Loadcell)..TH8a..and Playseat Evolution..
to Fanatec Poduim DD1 (PS4 edition)..CS V3 pedals (with performance kit)..
SQ V1.5 shifter..and a Sim-Lab GT1 Evo cockpit..
And to get the most out of this/my new setup..i want to switch to PC..
As i'm kind of a PC noob..i did some research..and this is the configuration/build i came up with..

MOBO: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max..
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 AF 3.2 Ghz..
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 580 OC 8GB..
RAM: Corsair 16 GB DDR4 3600..
SSD: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB..
PU: Thermaltake TR2 S 600W..
Case: Fractal Design Focus G..

Now..the/my question is..if this is a good enough PC to complement my set up..and for simracing..?

Greetings..Mr.J..

After what you spent on your Fanatec gear and the rig... I would probably up all your hardware.

At the very least, bump up your graphics card and the CPU to a Ryzen 7...
I'm very new as well to the PC sim racing world, and I just built up a pc to the specs where I wasn't saying to myself in a year or 18 months, "well, I wished I'd gotten that ____ ". So after I built my pc, like you did, I upped everything.

It took me quite a while to save up to what I wanted to do. Wanted to be able to play iRacing (just about anything will run that) but also, ACC, the new MotoGP 20, and what is coming next, if I want. Like Automobilista 2, F1 2020, etc...

Anyway, the nice thing is you can always upgrade later. 👍

Good luck, and I'm very glad I switched over to the PC.

Btw, I've got the CSL-Elite and Inv V3 pedals and they feel like new hardware on the PC. Hard to explain, but I just feel so much more, especially through the wheel base, and the braking is so much better on the PC than the PS4. My 0.02.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Barry..

Thanks for your reply and advice/opinion..i do appreciate it..!
And i kind of expected it to be a good enough configuration/build to start with..
but i also suspected it would fall just a little bit short of being a great configuration/build..
Like you said..to get the most out of my gear/setup..i need to go a little bit better..
This was a +/- 800 Euro (870 USD) build..so i guess i'll have to make it at least a 1000 Euro (1100 USD) build..
And i feel you on the pedals thing..that's why i'm going Direct Drive wheel..and want to switch to PC..
Glad i asked and did not build it just yet..now i know what to do.. ;-) Thanks again man..!
Enjoy your racing..drive safe..drive fast..!

Greetings Mr.J..

Btw..i welcome any suggestions regarding good (affordable)
sim racing GPU's and MOBO's you might have for me..
Especially regarding GPU's..cause that's were i struggle
due to the huge amount of choise in those..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back