Constant game crash problem since new update 1.40

United States
Tennessee
tnfedexman
Hi,

Since I installed the new update I've had nothing but trouble. I have deleted the game file and reloaded from the disc ver 1.00 and downloaded 1.40 twice. This takes hours to do. I can navigate menus for a few minutes then I get a blue screen followed with a close game warning and the disk ejects. Error codes CE-34878-0 and CE-30005-8 Any suggestions? It is affecting other games too.

Last edited:
PS4 or PS5? Try deleting the game and rebuilding the database from recovery mode. Next step would be to reinstall the latest system update, also from recovery mode.
If that fails too, reset the whole console, make sure you've got your save files backed up first.
Since you say it's affecting other games, I'm pretty sure it's a console issue.

PS4 or PS5? Try deleting the game and rebuilding the database from recovery mode. Next step would be to reinstall the latest system update, also from recovery mode.
If that fails too, reset the whole console, make sure you've got your save files backed up first.
Since you say it's affecting other games, I'm pretty sure it's a console issue.
PS4, sorry.

Hi,

Since I installed the new update I've had nothing but trouble. I have deleted the game file and reloaded from the disc ver 1.00 and downloaded 1.40 twice. This takes hours to do. I can navigate menus for a few minutes then I get a blue screen followed with a close game warning and the disk ejects. Error codes CE-34878-0 and CE-30005-8 Any suggestions? It is affecting other games too.
Seems like a disk problem

I’ve been having an issue since the new update.
I can’t even load up the game, boots me off within 15 seconds of selecting the game. Have also deleted and reinstalled the game as well as gone back to the closest games save pre update and still no luck..
may just have to wait until a patch update comes I guess 😞

Note: this is on PS4 and is not disk version of the game

Last edited:
Tried option 5 data base rebuild. No improvement. Reloading game for third time. If fails, refurbished PS4 time. Thanks for everyone's input!

Back