Constant issues with GT7 starting up (on PS5) ?

Germany
Germany
Hi.
I've tried searching for this, but to no avail, as it's been a varying but constant issue since picking up gt7 around summer 22 ish (and I was and am surprised not to read about it reglarly on here, seeing how regularly I get issues... so maybe I am one of the few with these very odd issues), some releases seem to have been better in this regard, some worse, but with Spec 2, this definetely got worse...but let me explain:

When starting up GT7 (Disc version on PS5), it's a constant gamble if I will actually get into the game, or if I'm spending the next 1 to 30 minutes (!) restarting the game to finally get "into" the world map to be able to play.
If this happens, it can look 2 fold:
  • when starting from scratch (i.e. when GT7 was closed via the Switcher -> Close Game / after playing something else and ) - then it can end up loading a very long time and just showing a flashing "Saving..." text in the bottom right corner on a black screen (i.e. 2-5 mins usually, but up to 15 minutes ish [Just now I was typing most of this post while being in a 'saving...loop of death'), and in (maybe) 1 out of 10 times this will load indefinitely (i.e. I think I left it attempting to load for 20-30 mins until I shut it down to see how long it would hang...) and never would get anywhere...
  • or, this could also happen from a suspended state (i.e. the game was running and PS5 was put into "Enter Rest Mode" with GT7 being active). This will look somehwat different, and usually ends up with a black world map that never loads or becomes functional, and the only UI interaction possible is the back Button, which then shows the (world Map) (Musical Rally) buttons, but jumping back to the world map, the screen remains black, minus some of the UI elements, none of which being functional/useful. Then, the only thing to do is to closed the game via the Switcher -> Close Game, which then starts the start up gamble described above.

Is anyone else experiencing this (regularly ish) ?
Is there anything to make this less erratic, or ideally fix it completely ?
If not and if this affects others as well - are there any signs that PD is aware of this issue ?

I had a hunch it might be save game related... but then again, in comparison, I have hardly any data in there (i.e. others have 100s of Styles, Replays, etc, whereas I have dozens at most...)

Cluelessly yours,
c.

Last edited:
Hi.
Looks like there's not many others (or rather no one else) with this issue ?
Or has anyone seen seen this issuue mentioned anywhere else ? Any lead might help, as it's barely useable as is :/

Churs.
c.

Last edited:
As the "saving" happens only on the online servers of the game and the world map pretty much is part of the online part of the game, I think it could be a connectivity issue.

It could help if you try this:

Not this specific issue, but sometimes mine won't trigger the play area setup and thus won't render in VR. Also for some reason it stopped requiring me to put in the disc. I did not pay for an online copy, either. I plan to keep my retail copies for my game collection anyway, so I guess it's a wash.

I don’t have the disc version, but do get the same issue with the screen sitting there with the GT logo and the 2 rings spinning and it flashing “Saving” in the lower right. This happens to me maybe 20% of the time when I try to play. If it sits there for more than 30 seconds doing that, or completely freezes (the rings stop chasing around the logo) then I just force close the game and start again and it works every time. It has done this for a very long time, but I don’t think it was this way since day 1 for me.

I‘ve never in over 700hrs in GT7 encountered the 2nd issue you’re describing and I’m one to play for a bit then put in rest mode and come back for a bit and repeat many times throughout the day.

Not sure if it’ll help or not, but have you tried uninstalling GT7 and reinstalling?

I had this occasionally - when I went to check online google was taking forever to respond too so I think it's related to a slow or poor internet connection. As has been said, closing the game and re-opening it usually does the trick and once or twice I've had an error message to say my local save was out of sync with the cloud save, but that usually fixes itself.

Non-disc version too FYI

Last edited:
As the "saving" happens only on the online servers of the game and the world map pretty much is part of the online part of the game, I think it could be a connectivity issue.

It could help if you try this:
Will try some of the suggestions, cheers!

Not this specific issue, but sometimes mine won't trigger the play area setup and thus won't render in VR. Also for some reason it stopped requiring me to put in the disc. I did not pay for an online copy, either. I plan to keep my retail copies for my game collection anyway, so I guess it's a wash.
Wow, gt7 seems to have quite a few erratic bugs...
Would love to have the "it stopped requiring me to put in the disc" bug/feature... :D

Not sure if it’ll help or not, but have you tried uninstalling GT7 and reinstalling?
Will try as a last instance... :D

Thanks all.
C.

Back