Constant livery issues?

Stumps_GTI

Premium
Australia
Aussie
Stumps_GTI
Hey guys, not sure if I'm having these issues because I have a digital copy, as apposed to a hard copy??? :confused:

My livery editor is constantly "forgetting" some of the settings applied to decals.
I'm referring to decals which CAN be modified with either colour, skew or both. It does not effect decals with set parameters.
I usually spend a lot of time, designing or modifying designs, and by the end of a session (may be up to 8 hours...), some decals I have only used a short time back, can no longer be modded. :( I go to change the colour of a set decal, nope, no can do....even though I have used the same decal 100's of times before. :banghead:

I usually save what I have, exit and reload the game...back to liveries, all good again. Kinda strange if you ask me. :crazy:
Thoughts and/or input, would be nice to know if anyone else suffers the same dilemma. :cheers:

PS; Also, who else gets urked that the duplicate function does NOT do an exact duplicate? LOL, I got caught plenty of times early on with not checking. ;)

Someone else posted about this a few months back, not sure if they ever got to the bottom of it.

How's your internet connection? Could be you're losing sync with the server (though that would usually come with pop up warnings).

Can you elaborate on the issues you're having with the duplicate function. They recently changed the behaviour of this function as before was more like a mirror command and required manual flipping. It now also treats decals and shapes differently. Decals generally flip automatically, whilst shapes still mirror, so you sometimes have to use the 'Flip and Duplicate' option instead.

Someone else posted about this a few months back, not sure if they ever got to the bottom of it.

How's your internet connection? Could be you're losing sync with the server (though that would usually come with pop up warnings).

Can you elaborate on the issues you're having with the duplicate function. They recently changed the behaviour of this function as before was more like a mirror command and required manual flipping. It now also treats decals and shapes differently. Decals generally flip automatically, whilst shapes still mirror, so you sometimes have to use the 'Flip and Duplicate' option instead.
Cheers @BLiTZ
Mate, yes...internet connection is way down the bottom of the pile. Terrible is the only nice way to describe it. At BEST I get 1.3Mbps :(
It's usually stable enough for online racing having been kicked (connection lost) only once. Have seen no warning pop ups at all.

I really should've explained that duplicate thing a lot better. lol :)
I'm aware of the minor changes they made to editor (1.31??) and think what they did there is a big help.
But what I have experienced is the duplication from side to side not always lining up as exact opposites???
Whether it be a number, a line or a small/large logo, once repeated on other side, some small adjustments are nearly ALWAYS required... :(
Happens most often if the first decal is slightly angled....some times the decal on the reverse side will be angled the opposite way? LOL :lol:
Either that or it may be further forward then the other side....
Really noticeable with lines if designing a graphic, the second side can be out of alignment by several mm's (on a real car it could be as much as 50mm)

Assuming these are decals you've downloaded, it sounds like they aren't centralised properly. Because the majority of decals on Discover are auto-traced, few are properly made and are not central within their own canvas. You can see this on the preview thumbnail, and any amount of space to one side means the decal will shift on the other side.

As for 'angled the other way' try using 'flip and duplicate' then flip it manually again once on the other side.

You might also find that on some cars the centre line is messed up. I've found that the GT-R GT3's centre line for example, is off to one side meaning when I duplicate decals they're a little bit off.

Can you explain a little more on this "sync" thing @BLiTZ ? :( :confused:
Cause this is really doing my head in.....
Everything has run fairly smoothly for a week....no major issues using the editor.
Logged into the system this morning and it is now at a point, I just shut the whole thing down again... :banghead:
Second log in was just 10 minutes ago and the editor is all ballsed up and cock eyed. :crazy:

I guess it doesn't worry people who use ALL their own decals, or decals farmed from the discovery section?
The main decal select page, which has "your own" decals, several sections for real decals (Sony's selection), divided into A-F, G-O, and whatever they usually are grouped into, then several boxes of "fantasy decals"....................Oh, and a box of "purchased" decals from ME.

Well now, my usual 3 boxes of real world decals are grouped into ONE BOX!! A-Z, and most of the frequently used decals are no longer there. :ouch:
I've logged in and out several times, reset the console......now I've given up. :(

Sounds like you're doing a livery on a Ferrari, which has limited logos allowed by the default selection, and thus only has an A-Z for real logos.
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM doing a Ferrari................... Is this a known limit that Ferrari have within the game? Wow, that's just nuts.... lol :lol:

Can you explain a little more on this "sync" thing @BLiTZ ? :( :confused:
Cause this is really doing my head in.....
Everything has run fairly smoothly for a week....no major issues using the editor.
Logged into the system this morning and it is now at a point, I just shut the whole thing down again... :banghead:
Second log in was just 10 minutes ago and the editor is all ballsed up and cock eyed. :crazy:

I guess it doesn't worry people who use ALL their own decals, or decals farmed from the discovery section?
The main decal select page, which has "your own" decals, several sections for real decals (Sony's selection), divided into A-F, G-O, and whatever they usually are grouped into, then several boxes of "fantasy decals"....................Oh, and a box of "purchased" decals from ME.

Well now, my usual 3 boxes of real world decals are grouped into ONE BOX!! A-Z, and most of the frequently used decals are no longer there. :ouch:
I've logged in and out several times, reset the console......now I've given up. :(
As far as I'm aware the livery editor relies on a stable internet connection in order to work smoothly. If you watch closely, every time you apply a decal, a small saving logo pops up in the right hand corner suggesting it's talking to the server. If that gets interrupted then that could be why things aren't colourable or scalable etc, just a guess.

As above the rest of your issues seem to be Ferrari-related.

Back