Constructive feedback for devs

Hey fella Forza gear heads!

Just wanted to start a thread where everybody can leave positive and constructive feedback for the devs. If you already love FH, and have no reservations about it, please don't post.

I personally feel, it should have retained practically everything from the Forza formula, whilst adding options to make it more simplistic/arcadey and accomodating for open road racing fans or *arcade/fun racing game fans*.

No reason why future Horizon games can't have a full blown sim model, retaining all the super rich, full fat goodness of all Forza games.. IN an open world/road setting.

Leave your feedback, thoughts and comments! 👍

Unless the instant repair option worked for mechanical damage as it does for cosmetic damage this could potentially cause trouble in free roam if you end up wrecked in a field. Guess that's what the fast travel to Dak's option is for.

A lot of people are saying the game could do with a more balanced car list and a "less Alice" option.

A lot of people are saying the game could do with a more balanced car list and a "less Alice" option.[/QUOTE]

Oooohh alice is a pain in the but . Every time see opens here mouth I want to drive my car in to the wall or A tree, in the hope it will kill here nagging voice. I really hope they give us the option the shut here down. About the car list I have no problem. I like most of them and in free rooming it`s fantastic to drive long miles over twisting roads in FM4 I don’t like to drive old muscle cars but in horizon I just love those big land yachts and then I have A real good laugh while I wobble over the twisty roads. It`s the R1 & R2 cars I don’t drive much in Horizon, they really don’t work for me in a open world. The cars I drive are mostly A, S, R3 class. And besides driving I spent a lot of time in the paint shop trying to design Carbon Cars even today I spent several hours designing 3 new DLC cars. And I have my shop full with 18 carbon cars and I want more space so that I keep editing new design cars without having the problem that I need to pull cars off the list. In FM4 you have space for 30 cars, way isn’t it 30 as well for Horizon. Because I really don’t want to delete cars from that list because there are good sellers and people like them. But with me working on new cars and new cars coming to the game, I really want more space to store car designs.

There should be a golf course on every block LOL.

One thing I don't like is that they decided to take out drivetrain swaps. I still want to customize and drive the FWD cars, but I have no will to actually race them. The Mini Cooper showcase event annoyed me because the thing didn't want to turn if I drove it too hard. I just think they're at a disadvantage in this game because of the understeer they produce and we can't solve the problem by switching them to AWD/RWD.

I feel like the render distance for road signs is too short a night... They should be visible at a longer distance as they reflect back headlight illumination (they got the tail lights right, in this respect) instead of popping up in your headlights at short range.

It's a small nitpick!

Hmm, interesting so far.

I think the car list is adequate, given the game setting. Now speaking of mods and tuning, I see no reason why that should remain absent from the next Horizon. It should very much be there, in all it's glory. Those who don't want to tinker with settings/tuning, can simply go with the default set up. As for the drawing distance during night, there should be an option to toggle hi/low beam, or even flash cars with your beam so they move aside..that would be cool!

Anybody else still getting used to the PS1 style dirt/tire smoke effects?

One thing I don't like is that they decided to take out drivetrain swaps. I still want to customize and drive the FWD cars, but I have no will to actually race them. The Mini Cooper showcase event annoyed me because the thing didn't want to turn if I drove it too hard. I just think they're at a disadvantage in this game because of the understeer they produce and we can't solve the problem by switching them to AWD/RWD.
I appreciate the removal of absurdities like AWD rally Vipers and such, and I think they did a wonderful job balancing the drivetrain types this time. But I'll miss some of the perfectly reasonable swaps, eg. reverting the R34 GT-R to RWD.

Yeah, I agree that AWD Ferraris, Ford GTs and other insane cars not being able to exist in this game is a good thing. But I don't think it would have hurt to at least have FWD/AWD be able to switch to RWD.

For a game that's celebrating the love of cars, why are the views when modding so awful? When I'm evaluating wheels I either get a close up of 1 wheel or when in free view mode half of the car is blocked by the navigation. A better UI would help.

Dash gauges are nearly impossible to read unless you hit the sun at the right angle. Why not give us the option to turn the dash lights on as we please?

Let us preview wheels in different sizes BEFORE we purchase them.

I haven't beaten all races yet, but I'm assuming that once you're done, they stay gray and that's it. Why not add an option to reset all of the races? Yeah, I've already beaten them, but it's a nice carrot to chase after.

Set different audio options for free roam and race mode. I can't race with music, but I wouldn't mind it as much when I'm just tooling around.

We had a selection of home spaces in FM4, but in Horizon we get the same recycled pictures of a Z4 at night, Camaro in a field, and couple taking a MySpace photo next to their Mustang.

I think initial disappointments and grievances would have been easier to digest had T10/PG not over promised and under delivered.

A Forza game in an open world setting they said. False!

It's open road, not open world. And the Forza formula has been so toned down, that it's a hit/miss more or less. Gaming sites that have rated it 8/10 and over are definitely skewed. This simply doesn't feel like a quality product that had much to do with Turn 10's expertise.

Maybe they'll take this as a lesson, and try to develop a Forza/open world game that pays true homage to the original formula, while introducing new elements.

I don't see why that wouldn't work. It would cater to everybody. The hardcore sim gearheads AND the casual arcade racer fans.

I think initial disappointments and grievances would have been easier to digest had T10/PG not over promised and under delivered.

A Forza game in an open world setting they said. False!

It's open road, not open world. And the Forza formula has been so toned down, that it's a hit/miss more or less. Gaming sites that have rated it 8/10 and over are definitely skewed. This simply doesn't feel like a quality product that had much to do with Turn 10's expertise.

Maybe they'll take this as a lesson, and try to develop a Forza/open world game that pays true homage to the original formula, while introducing new elements.

I don't see why that wouldn't work. It would cater to everybody. The hardcore sim gearheads AND the casual arcade racer fans.

Look at my latest respose on the "Are we playing the best game ever" thread.

And I don't thing some people who previously played NFS would transition very well lol... But I'm in the process of making a side by side comparison video between 4 and Horizon and you can see all the T10 sim racing is still here in Horizon. But I also think the new dynamic camera angles are making people think the game has gone soft.

Just my thoughts :)

Bring it on, should be interesting.

Doesn't the 30 fps gameplay bother you, not even a little bit?

What about the smoke/dust effects that are practically non-existent? Engine sounds are numb.

Anyhow, I don't mean to dull the experience for anybody who's really enjoying it. By all means do!

Bring it on, should be interesting.

Doesn't the 30 fps gameplay bother you, not even a little bit?

What about the smoke/dust effects that are practically non-existent? Engine sounds are numb.

Anyhow, I don't mean to dull the experience for anybody who's really enjoying it. By all means do!

Meh its still pretty smooth for 30 fps. I think many engines sound the same as fm4 but I think they dulled it down some for commentary, music, etc. At least the smoke isn't like GT5 where it looks like you're burning oil when you're tires break traction. But like I said I approached it as a free roam game and its awesome. No advanced tuning has gotten to me and drifting is easier than driving in a straight line. I dunno I'll be going imbetween FM4 and FH and should stay entertained 👍

Smog, yeah..like the engine/exhaust is blown or something! But still, you gotta admit, it did look impressive in some areas. Seen drift vids or ever been to a drift event? Cars give off a huckava smoke, depending on the surface and tires used.

Smog, yeah..like the engine/exhaust is blown or something! But still, you gotta admit, it did look impressive in some areas. Seen drift vids or ever been to a drift event? Cars give off a huckava smoke, depending on the surface and tires used.

Ehh I owned the game, too much for my taste and it looked a lot like paper mache to me :lol:

Back