Contact PD

  • Thread starter Thread starter bombe32
  • 22 comments
  • 1,280 views
Messages
2,022
Denmark
Denmark
Messages
bombe32
Hi folks,

I have previously made 3 threads about my issues about online racing, but none of the suggestions I got didn't give any results. I have also searched other forums about the problem, but they haven't gotten any replies that fixed it either.

That's why I thought I would contact them to see what the error message means and how to fix it, but they haven't written their contact info anywhere. I'd like to mail them.

If anyone can help me, it'd be much appreciated :)
 
I'm pretty sure that they live at Special Stage 5.

What tools did you utilize to search please?
 
What do you mean? I have searched their website and the official Gran Turismo website, but none of them contain an e-mail address.
 
I came here to joke, but than I realized you're serious member and have checked your post-history to see your problems.

First, answer to your question: you can't contact PD directly by any mean. They do not have "support" e-mail or such, they are just developer contracted with SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) who is the publisher of the GT series and only address "responsible" for customer-service.

Thus, your only official channels would be official PS3 forums run by SCE where some local PR/producer individual could catch up with your request. But since they do not give a damn about anything, you can pretty much forget about it.

Only unofficial channel available to communicate with PD is through Kazunori Yamauchi's Tweeter account. However, since stupid, often rude and insulting comments by non-japanese users were spamming him 24/7, he just stopped answering any and focused on his own messages and tweets with Japanese people. You really can't blame him.

However, I presume that even PD couldn't solve your problem. By reading your threads and descriptions, I presume your problem is your own internet-connection really. Since you have tested almost everything, there are not many things I can suggest you, but maybe to try the following:

- make a static IP address for your PS3 and establish Manual Network Settings instead of Automatic > http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connectadvance.html
- if that will not fix the problems, try to use Google's Public DNS primary/secondary addresses in order to bypass your ISP's ones > http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/
- change the router or do a factory-reset of the router and re-program it again.

However, establishing a fixed-IP address for your PS3 could solve many problems, together with opening of UPnP settings.

Best luck 👍
 
Hi folks,

I have previously made 3 threads about my issues about online racing, but none of the suggestions I got didn't give any results. I have also searched other forums about the problem, but they haven't gotten any replies that fixed it either.

That's why I thought I would contact them to see what the error message means and how to fix it, but they haven't written their contact info anywhere. I'd like to mail them.

If anyone can help me, it'd be much appreciated :)

Bombe,

I have a bit of time on my hands, so I went through your previous posts to try to figure out what your problem is.

Apparently you own a ZyXel P660-HW D1, correct?
If so, it's (sort of) good, as you have a modem/gateway/wlan box and don't have to worry about the dsl modem settings.

What is your LAN setup, i.e. IP address of your Zyxel, and what IP adress do you have assigned to the PS3?
Typically you would use the same subnet (e.g. 192.168.1.0); the Zyxel would have 192.168.1.1; the PS3 could have 192.168.1.8 .

Do you have UPNP enabled? If not, enable it.

Did you ever try DMZ feature (or 'Default Server IP', as Zyxel call it)? If not, try to set it to the IP address of the PS3.

That should do for the start; let me know where you are at.
 
Hi folks,

I have previously made 3 threads about my issues about online racing, but none of the suggestions I got didn't give any results. I have also searched other forums about the problem, but they haven't gotten any replies that fixed it either.

That's why I thought I would contact them to see what the error message means and how to fix it, but they haven't written their contact info anywhere. I'd like to mail them.

If anyone can help me, it'd be much appreciated :)



You couldnt find this on the corporate profile page?

Location: Tobu Toyosu Bldg 2F., 1-10-19 Edagawa, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0051 Japan

I have to say i really do think you are wasting your time though. If you think about how many people have bought the game and how many variables there are when it comes to online racing. I will bet money on it not being the fault of PD. Contact them by all means but i really do fear you will be wasting ink and paper
 
I came here to joke

Hahah, I figured some would presume I wanted to flame PD with something, that's why I wrote about my threads. I would presume it myself too :D

I have set a static IP, as I tried portforwarding, which I was told to try, but it didn't make any difference.

Bombe,

I have a bit of time on my hands, so I went through your previous posts to try to figure out what your problem is.

Apparently you own a ZyXel P660-HW D1, correct?
If so, it's (sort of) good, as you have a modem/gateway/wlan box and don't have to worry about the dsl modem settings.

What is your LAN setup, i.e. IP address of your Zyxel, and what IP adress do you have assigned to the PS3?
Typically you would use the same subnet (e.g. 192.168.1.0); the Zyxel would have 192.168.1.1; the PS3 could have 192.168.1.8 .

Do you have UPNP enabled? If not, enable it.

Did you ever try DMZ feature (or 'Default Server IP', as Zyxel call it)? If not, try to set it to the IP address of the PS3.

That should do for the start; let me know where you are at.

As I have stated in my previous threads, I'm no expert at all, so many of the terms are a bit unknown to me. But I will try an answer.

I've got a static IP address assigned, it ends with .130.
UPnP is not enabled, I actually think it says it's not available?
DMZ.. haven't tried it, but since it's only GT5 I have problems with, I doubt it would make much difference.

It just says authorisation failed, which is what I wanted to know PD what means. They have created the message, and since no one has been able to crack the code to fix it, I thought they would be the only ones that could tell me the answer.
 
It is going to be a fault with your end of things. They simply produced the software that your hardware runs.
 
I am not blaming PD, I'm just seeking the answer. Very few have this issue, but it has yet to be answered what's causing it.
 
Hahah, I figured some would presume I wanted to flame PD with something, that's why I wrote about my threads. I would presume it myself too :D

I have set a static IP, as I tried portforwarding, which I was told to try, but it didn't make any difference.



As I have stated in my previous threads, I'm no expert at all, so many of the terms are a bit unknown to me. But I will try an answer.

I've got a static IP address assigned, it ends with .130.
UPnP is not enabled, I actually think it says it's not available?
Zyxel User guide, page 213 ff.
DMZ.. haven't tried it, but since it's only GT5 I have problems with, I doubt it would make much difference.
User guide page 134.
It just says authorisation failed, which is what I wanted to know PD what means. They have created the message, and since no one has been able to crack the code to fix it, I thought they would be the only ones that could tell me the answer.

It's on your end. Get the user guide out and try to fix it, if you will.
 
Last edited:
I know you arent blaming PD. Only the ignorant would do that :)
I fear you will get stuck in the circle that is one company blaming the other company and then it just goes back and fourth. A great example of this is....
"Hello microsoft. My computer wont link to my wireless router"
"Hello consumer, Have you had any other issues with your OS? becasue we have remote logged onto your computer and there is nothing wrong. Speak to the manufacturer of the wireless modem"

You then call the modem supplier and they say they have logged in and scene that the modem is working as it should. Vicious circle. I think you will simply be walking into this sort of thing. you need an IT person not the software developer.

I really hope this didnt sound negative as i really can feel your pain. I work in AV and have seen this loads of times. Its going to be something really small that will sort the issue out i think but i really can feel your frustration.

Frazer
 
Bro I had a similar problem as you are having. I went to my laptop and accessed my home broadband modem and did a reset which cleared up the issue and let me connect. It was frustrating so I feel your pain. Try reseting your modem.
 
if you are getting disconnected every 50-60 minutes , try switching your router's channel from default (which should be 11 or something) to 9 , i had a problem like this one and i solved it by changing that . I did not read your previous posts though.
 
I'm not getting disconnected, the lobby just stops working. I can see the chat messages and enter chat messages, but I can't go to track, that's where it says "No violations was found, but authoristaion has failed." If I were on the track already, all cars disappears after a minute and I'm imvisible to others - I get disconnected though if the race starts when I'm on track, but not automatically.

And it isn't every hour or so, it's almost everytime I go to track, change car, settings etc. I also found out that rooms with a small number of people works close to perfect, everything running smoothly, but not everytime.
--

Btw, in the manual, I was unable to find the DMZ part. Now, I'm still no expert, but if I understood it right, UPnP and DMZ are both making the network less protected? There are 4 pc's in this house using the network too, so if anything of it is making the pc's less protected I won't fiddle with it.
 
bombe32
I'm not getting disconnected, the lobby just stops working. I can see the chat messages and enter chat messages, but I can't go to track, that's where it says "No violations was found, but authoristaion has failed." If I were on the track already, all cars disappears after a minute and I'm imvisible to others - I get disconnected though if the race starts when I'm on track, but not automatically.

And it isn't every hour or so, it's almost everytime I go to track, change car, settings etc. I also found out that rooms with a small number of people works close to perfect, everything running smoothly, but not everytime.

That sounds like an bandwidth issue, if you have not already, shut off all other electronics that share your internet connection.
 
That sounds like an bandwidth issue, if you have not already, shut off all other electronics that share your internet connection.

Doesn't matter, have tried it, but there's no difference, which is what I can't understand. When I race on Saturdays, everything else is usually turned off, but it's no different than all other days, and it's becoming frustrating...

And I have to admit, I'm surprised that this thread has become a bigger discussion about my problem than any of the others, it seems.
 
bombe32
Doesn't matter, have tried it, but there's no difference, which is what I can't understand. When I race on Saturdays, everything else is usually turned off, but it's no different than all other days, and it's becoming frustrating...

And I have to admit, I'm surprised that this thread has become a bigger discussion about my problem than any of the others, it seems.

From what I've heard GT5 needs a lot of bandwidth to function properly & if small lobbys works a bit better I'm still thinking bandwidth as the culprit.

What kind of connection do you have? (connection speed)
 
Connection speed should be 10mbs... no one ever mentioned it was too slow in the other threads though...
 
bombe32
Connection speed should be 10mbs... no one ever mentioned it was too slow in the other threads though...

No, that should be more than enough. What connection speed estimates do you get if you check your speeds within the PS3 settings menu?

(my menu is in swedish, can't explain it better, sorry)
 
I'm Danish, chances are that a Swedish discription would be understandable, lol. But I'l ltell you, the PS3 says the speed is estimated to be 8mbs.
 
bombe32
I'm Danish, chances are that a Swedish discription would be understandable, lol. But I'l ltell you, the PS3 says the speed is estimated to be 8mbs.

Seriously, that should be just fine! My only other suggestion is that your upload speed is keeping you from having a smooth experience.

Data needs to be able to travel both ways & some internet providers have a kind of "flex" between up/down speeds where they in worst case cancel each other out. Here in Sweden "Telia" uses that protocol, so if you max your upload, your download will be reduced to merely kilobytes :(

You have an ADSL connection?
 
bombe32
Yep, ADSL...

Check your connection with some kind of peer 2 peer program, let it max the upload, if you simultaneously get full download that is not your problem.

If however your up & downstream can't go full speed at the same time, you either need to get a new provider or upgrade your upload.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I hope you get it sorted! Now I'm off to bed, I've got to be at work tomorrow at 06.00 :(
 
Back