Content Transfer

  • Thread starter Thread starter xboxerx
  • 3 comments
  • 482 views
Messages
2
I recently transferred content from 1 PS3 unit to another. Unfortunately I found the GT5 info doesn't transfer. The old unit is my brother inlaws. So here's the meat and potatoes of it. I don't mind restarting. I want to know, when I do restart. Can I send myself my cars every day and when I get to the level that the car is at I will receive it? In the past I tried sending a buddy a car and cause he wasn't at the level needed so it was lost. Any help would be appreciated. Help please.
 
I think you need to set up a new user account on your brother in law's Playstation with the same PSN account (logon name to Playstation Network) that you used to play the game.

Copy your saved game file over when you are logged on with the new account.
 
Thanks Nik. I was playing the game under my user name. When I got my new 1 I tried backing my info onto a thumb drive to find out GT5 won't transfer over. Any other ideas?
 
It could be lots of things.
You can make sure the files actually got copied to your thumb drive - plug it into your computer there should be a "PS3/SAVEGAME/???" folder in there. Sometimes those thumb drives have a 'write protect' switch on the side that will stop you from copying data onto them.

How are you transferring the GT5 data to the thumb drive? I do it from the 'PS3 Savedata utility' under the game menu (sorry i don't recall exactly what it is named, but it is about 3 clicks up from where you would launch the game)

I agree starting over isn't that bad, the racing is fun. It would be great if you got to keep your favorite cars though.
 
Back