• 8 comments

F1

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Premium
United Kingdom
Scotland
GTP_Lamborghini
Hey!
I have a question about contract offers at the end of the first season. I am at Monza and have been offered a renewal from Lotus and a contract from Virgin and Force India. I was wondering if it's possible for me to get a contract off of the like of RB, Ferrari and Mclaren at the end of the first season since I'm winning both the drivers and constrictors championship? I need to decide by Suzuka for Force India and Virgin and Brazil for lotus renewal.
Thanks!

Who is your championship rival.
If you beat your championship rival you will be able to sign with that team at the end of the season.
Other than that, you won't be able to get a contract from the top 3 teams this season. ( if that made any sense :P )

I did my first season with Force India and then got an offer from RB at the end of it, did chicken through it though playing for fun not a challenge - most assists on.

Matthew77258
Who is your championship rival.
If you beat your championship rival you will be able to sign with that team at the end of the season.
Other than that, you won't be able to get a contract from the top 3 teams this season. ( if that made any sense :P )
Hamilton has been 2nd for the whole tournament since I took 1st. I take it if I beat him I'll get a contract with Mclaren?
Cheers!

mattythedog
Just wait a bit. I got a contract from McLaren at the last race.
Thanks!
Damicd__
I did my first season with Force India and then got an offer from RB at the end of it, did chicken through it though playing for fun not a challenge - most assists on.
Thanks!

I won the WDC and Constructors with Williams, towards the end of the season i started getting offers, the best i was offered was from Sauber that expired at Brazil. I held out for some better offers since i beat my rival Hamilton, but nothing came by seasons end. I need to sign a contract so i can start my 2nd season, so now i only have the choice of a offer from Torro Rosso or a renewal offer from Williams which i don`t want but have no choice. So since i beat my rival by a mile where is my contract offers from Mclaren or the top teams at least?

I believe the contract offers system is slightly more complex than simply setting the driver of a team you want to race for as your rival and then beating them.

You've probably failed to meet other objectives along the way.

Just a question added to this thread, as it's relevent.
If I beat my rival, and get a contract offer from his team, do I replace my rival, or race with my rival?

I never liked the idea of stealing rival drives when you beat them in 2011, I'd always make choice ignoring the rival team. Prefer to earn my drive at McLaren (even if it takes half my career) than select it.

Back