Control Customisation on PS4 - "Not all required controls are assigned" messagePS4 

• Thread starter Shiskine
  • 24 comments
I'm trying to customise the control assignments on my PS4 controller. I found the screen that allows me to do this but when I've finished reassigning those keys I want to change and try to exit, I get a "Not all required controls have been assigned" message.

Unhelpfully, it doesn't tell me which controls it's referring to and I can't possibly assign a button to every command as there are too many.

Am I missing a trick or is this a bug? I just want to reassign the brake and throttle buttons ... that's all !!

Ok. Tried that and it didn't work ... :(

Only modified throttle and brake and assigned the original throttle button to Look behind. Still got the message.

This is pi$$ing me off as I can't even start the game ... :banghead:

Same on XB1, very annoying - can quit from it using menu button but then doesn't save.

Needs to allow buttons not set, or tell you which need setting.

Sorted !!

I *think* the key is that if the button you're reconfiguring already had an assignment, then you need to assign another button to that function. In other words, look carefully at the functions that have already been assigned buttons and if they include something you wish to change, then you'll need to assign another button to that function. I repeat I *think* ... :D

I'm sure it's something of a bug that should have been picked up in beta testing, surely ...

Sorted !!

I *think* the key is that if the button you're reconfiguring already had an assignment, then you need to assign another button to that function. In other words, look carefully at the functions that have already been assigned buttons and if they include something you wish to change, then you'll need to assign another button to that function. I repeat I *think* ... :D

I'm sure it's something of a bug that should have been picked up in beta testing, surely ...
^ This. I experienced same problem. Hit reset, looked at default assignments, then ensured those functions had button assignments when I remapped. Able to save and exit that menu.

Just to let you guys know, "DRS" doesn't need to be assigned in order to save the configuration. Also "Cycle Lap Info" doesn't need a button either. That may free up a button or two for you guys.

Does anybody know if using a keyboard with the PS4 (USB, wireless or the controller add-on) will allow you to set buttons with that?

Cheers.

Edit: Same with "Cycle HUD Disply"

Ive been trying to change the button configuration, when im on the edit screen and i try changing nothing happens, just can't work out what i'm missing.

Ive been trying to change the button configuration, when im on the edit screen and i try changing nothing happens, just can't work out what i'm missing.

Press "X" on the button you wish to change the button assignment, then press the button you wish to assign to that particular function.

Hope that helps.

Press "X" on the button you wish to change the button assignment, then press the button you wish to assign to that particular function.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, it did work but i still fouled up cos i kept getting the " Not All Required Controls etc " message. Will try again later.

Can confirm the game [on PS4] will not allow you to assign buttons to a USB keyboard. Yet, oddly, it brings up and error when you press more than one button on the keyboard at a time. It says,

"Multiple inputs were detected. No action was assigned."

So at least it's detected the keyboard on some level. Perhaps leaving a chance at compatibility in a future update.

Work around- press the start button on your wheel or controller. You'll get a menu with 3 choices-Driver Network Profile, My Garage, and Options & Help. Choose the Options and Help. If you choose any of the other two, it'll take you to that screen but once you press back it's gonna take you back into the mapping menu. When you press Options and help it'll take you to your game play options where you can press back and get back to the main screen. Your mapping will be saved.
For those of you using a wheel I had the problem where everytime I tried mapping a button I'd get a message saying something like "multi buttons selected at once" (I don't think it was exactly in those words). Had me puzzled and pissed until I realised my H shifter was in 1st gear. Lol. Once I put it in neutral I was able to map with no problems.

Work around- press the start button on your wheel or controller. You'll get a menu with 3 choices-Driver Network Profile, My Garage, and Options & Help. Choose the Options and Help. If you choose any of the other two, it'll take you to that screen but once you press back it's gonna take you back into the mapping menu. When you press Options and help it'll take you to your game play options where you can press back and get back to the main screen. Your mapping will be saved.
For those of you using a wheel I had the problem where everytime I tried mapping a button I'd get a message saying something like "multi buttons selected at once" (I don't think it was exactly in those words). Had me puzzled and pissed until I realised my H shifter was in 1st gear. Lol. Once I put it in neutral I was able to map with no problems.

Confirmed this works. Good find.

After much messing around i made sure that look behind, DRS and KERS was assigned,then no problems saving configuration.I even reset the controls and tried it again without these 3 assigned to make sure.Same problem,all buttons not assigned etc.
Added the look behind DRS and KERS and was able to save.This worked for me but i dont know what each persons individual button assignments are in addition to these though.

I also experienced this problem, and found out that I had to use the buttons already assigned in the settings and not one should be left out. So to avoid problems with it I had put a screenshot on a flash drive of the current setting and printed out on the computer . Later I found out that I could use my bluetooth keyboard to assign all the other keys , and it works perfectly.
Here's a screenshot of my assigned keys.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByTrIIX1hVzRdmZrZUx0TFNPRlk/view?usp=sharing

This did my head in as well. :banghead:

Assign whatever keys you want and then press 'options', then select 'options and help' and this takes you back to 'gameplay/controls' screen and saves your changes. 👍

Back