Controller broke again :-(

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bravojon
  • 20 comments
  • 901 views
Messages
184
United States
Washington
Messages
GTP_b00gee60
My controller just broke....&^%&!!!! They need to sell these in like a 10 pack box or something. I'm just using a standard dualshock3. Anyone have any better ideas on a controller?
 
I've never had a Sony controller break. They are the highest quality ones available, so it must be user error. I just got a DFGT wheel...I recommend it if you can swing the price; or ask for it for Christmas if you have a generous gift giver.
 
Either go Sony DS3 or an all out wheel if the bank accounts allow that.

Avoid third party controllers that imitate the DS3, I've not heard many good stories about them other than being cheaper.
 
Some racing drivers have a lead foot, maybe you got lead hands! ;)

Seriously though, get a wheel.


👍
 
I have had my ds3, on the old fat ps3 since the day it came out. I have played GT5 every day since it came out and completed it twice and never broke the controller. It is either bad luck or too much aggressive driving, which you are transferring to the controller.
 
VBR
Some racing drivers have a lead foot, maybe you got lead hands! ;)

Seriously though, get a wheel.


👍

:lol:

Like everyone else, I haven't had a DS3 break on me. I've been using mine for a little over 2 years now and works excellent.

Had to laugh at the "10 pack" line though, made me want a beer :lol:.
 
My controller just broke....&^%&!!!! They need to sell these in like a 10 pack box or something. I'm just using a standard dualshock3. Anyone have any better ideas on a controller?

I think its a combo of bad luck and well novice driving :-( I'll keep working on the skills part.

Thanks for the comments
 
Bravojon
My controller just broke....&^%&!!!! They need to sell these in like a 10 pack box or something. I'm just using a standard dualshock3. Anyone have any better ideas on a controller?

Time for a wheel bro. You will never go back!
 
Add me to the list of people who've never had a DS3 break. Heck, I've never had any Sony controller break, and that includes the two DS2's I have for my slim PS2, which is going on it's 9th year (and still sees fairly regular use).

The good thing is, there's undoubtedly going to be some sales on DS3's in your area in about, oh, five days :p
 
My controller just broke....&^%&!!!! They need to sell these in like a 10 pack box or something. I'm just using a standard dualshock3. Anyone have any better ideas on a controller?

The way I see it, there is only two answers to this:

1 - You do not have a genuine controller and you keep buying the cheaper crap that will break within days of purchase. Always pays off to pay that little extra to make sure you get genuine stuff that will last you.

2 - You are the Incredible Hulk. Despite on how careful you are, your huge hands keep crushing those poor controllers to a pulp. Ring up Sony if they can build a controller specifically for you :lol: .

EDIT: Add me to the list also that has never had a DS3 break. Even my DS2 controllers for the PS2 are still in working order, despite looking a little tatty.
 
I have only ever had one Sony controller break on me in since the very first PS was launched and the one that broke was mainly because it was travelling at around 40 mph when it encountered a brick wall........that was a bad day on the race track :lol:

Get a genuine Sony DS3 there is nothing better IMO
 
I have only ever had one Sony controller break on me in since the very first PS was launched and the one that broke was mainly because it was travelling at around 40 mph when it encountered a brick wall........that was a bad day on the race track :lol:

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! How'd you do that?
 
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! How'd you do that?

I think they call in uncontrolled rage :lol:.....pretty sure it was a licence challenge in GT3 that I had spent days on and was getting nowhere fast so out of pure frustration I hurled the controller.....not my proudest moment :guilty:
 
I've never had a single DS controller break, either DS2 or DS3. They've never had a single problem.

However, I've bought 3 Game Stop imitations of DS2's and all have broken within a few months. But I think this shows just how tough and reliable the genuine ones really are.
 
Last edited:
I've had 2 DS3s break on me...

Not sure what that says about me as a person. :lol:
 
I think they call in uncontrolled rage :lol:.....pretty sure it was a licence challenge in GT3 that I had spent days on and was getting nowhere fast so out of pure frustration I hurled the controller.....not my proudest moment :guilty:

Oh, I thought you brought it with you on a drive thinking you could control your real vehicle with your DS3 and you crashed it on a trackday.
 
They hold up great when you don't throw them at the wall.
 
fbccars924
They hold up great when you don't throw them at the wall.

...or worse, the TV. Haven't done it, but I've heard horror stories.
 
My DS3 is also dying.
The player LED (the LEDs that indicate what number your controller is) is now completely finished.
L2 comes on spontaneously all by itself (you try killing someone in C.O.D with a Black Hat which appears in your hand randomly :lol:).

The shell itself is also starting to come apart due to my usual C.O.D-related frustrations :p

It says alot about the quality of the controllers, considering its been thrashed non-stop for a few years and it's only now starting to deteriorate. :tup:Sony

I'm thinking of treating myself to a Gold Chrome DS3, with a C.O.D 'Master Mod'. :D
 
Last edited:
I got a the basic camo no mod.
 
Oh, I thought you brought it with you on a drive thinking you could control your real vehicle with your DS3 and you crashed it on a trackday.

:lol:
 
Back