controller help

England
England
gary toots slade
Hi guys..
My ds3 controller is on its way out so I'm looking at alternative controllers to the official Sony version..
Have any of you have any experience or advice on any of the after market controllers as the Sony versions are still quite expensive..
Many thanks in advance..

Don't buy anything made by PowerA, controller wise. The analog sticks are cheap and start acting erratic. Mine is less than a month old and the left analog stick is already erratic and has the car ghost steering, or no response at all.

Now gotta go buy a new one, and it's gonna be a Sony DS3 controller, and maybe a new G27 while I'm there.

Good luck!

DrDetroit

Don't buy anything made by PowerA, controller wise. The analog sticks are cheap and start acting erratic. Mine is less than a month old and the left analog stick is already erratic and has the car ghost steering, or no response at all.

Now gotta go buy a new one, and it's gonna be a Sony DS3 controller, and maybe a new G27 while I'm there.

Good luck!

DrDetroit
Agreed. I bought a cheaper second controller, not sure of the make but it says PS3 on the home button, and it just feels too stiff. I've taken apart "old sweaty" a few times for fixes, but it's on it's last leg. I wouldn't replace it with anything but the official one. @Ridox2JZGTE told me to try buying the USB adapter and use a PS2 controller...maybe that's a cheaper option?

Yea but you wont have the dualshock3 or sixaxis feature with a ps2 controller. It may be cheaper but in the long run might not be because you wouldnt enjoy it as much. The wireless ds3's are fairly cheap at Walmart and places like that you may wanna try there or perhaps a Gamestop and search for a good used one.

The DS2 with USB Adapter still have vibration, and sixaxis is not useful on GT6. The DS2 face buttons alone will stomp DS3 :P Here is an example of my lap driving my Ferrari F40 replica ( Auto Motorsport Mag version ), no assist and comfort soft tire at Red Bull Ring. The replica has real life weight + distribution, power, and gearing as well as real life based alignment. All I can say, it will much harder or next to impossible to drive like in the replay with DS3 + face buttons for gas and brake with no assist ( ABS 0 )

Attachments

• FerrariF401m43sRedBullRingEUAutoMotorsportMag.zip
    371.9 KB · Views: 8
Agreed. I bought a cheaper second controller, not sure of the make but it says PS3 on the home button, and it just feels too stiff. I've taken apart "old sweaty" a few times for fixes, but it's on it's last leg. I wouldn't replace it with anything but the official one. @Ridox2JZGTE told me to try buying the USB adapter and use a PS2 controller...maybe that's a cheaper option?
I did the DS2 controller on USB as per @Ridox2JZGTE a few months ago and can confirm it gives faster lap times than DS3, so if you have an old DS2 buy a good USB adapter, not the cheap $6 ones from Amazon. Or might find a DS2 at a second hand store.

Hi @Ridox2JZGTE .. I've got myself a USB adapter but I have a problem..
I can navigate the menus fine but when Iog into a race the controller does not respond at all any ideas ?..

Hi @Ridox2JZGTE .. I've got myself a USB adapter but I have a problem..
I can navigate the menus fine but when Iog into a race the controller does not respond at all any ideas ?..

What sort of adapter did you get ? Does it have a switch for PC and PS3 mode ? If you bought PC only adapter, there's no guarantee it will work without any issue on PS3. Do you get manual with the adapter ?

On mine, I can hold analog button for a few seconds to access system menu, and press SELECT + R3 together to access XMB menu. A good adapter should be able to do this. Try do that and also try to change controller assignment keys under GT6 controller options, you should be able to change button functions.

Hi guys..
My ds3 controller is on its way out so I'm looking at alternative controllers to the official Sony version..
Have any of you have any experience or advice on any of the after market controllers as the Sony versions are still quite expensive..
Many thanks in advance..

Not sure where your based but you can purchase the Sony one for around £30 in England which is reasonable I think.
I only use Sony as I find the other's don't last long, well the ones I have had don't.

Although my PS3 is currently out of commission (Yellow Light of Death) when I was able to play I used an XBox 360 Wired controller for Windows paired with a USB to PS3 adapter I got off Amazon. The long throw triggers on the 360 pad are absolutely awesome for driving games giving what I believe is a great deal more control of throttle and brake. I also use the same controller for all my PC driving games as well so there's no adapting to another controller's feel when switching between the two.

Sark

Be carefull with these things. Sometimes (the most times),the cheap become expensive. I would save money for an original DS3. 👍

Back