Controller Layout Update

• Thread starter Ripper83
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ripper83
Hi

I haven't been on here in a while but wondering if anyone can update on any news for a patch that will enable the controller layout to be customised?

I'm waiting for the old school layout of x and square with the triggers for the gears before I dive into this game

There has been no mention of customisable controls so far..

X and [] for brake and accelerate? Without analogue sensitivity like the previous Dualshock it could be very difficult to get the most from your car.

When I was using the DS4 I used the opposite to your suggestion.

I find this hugely disappointing as it may not mean much to some but this is a basic option of every other racing game around.

If they don't enable it I'll be trading it in sadly

I find this hugely disappointing as it may not mean much to some but this is a basic option of every other racing game around.

If they don't enable it I'll be trading it in sadly
PS4? go into Settings/accessibility. There's an option to change any DS4 button command to any other button. Why you'd want digital on/off for throttle/brake I don't understand but if it's what you want....

PS4? go into Settings/accessibility. There's an option to change any DS4 button command to any other button. Why you'd want digital on/off for throttle/brake I don't understand but if it's what you want....

How anyone can play with a controller is beyond me. The sticks are like using full steering lock all the time giving a wobbly car.

Because as much as I would like a wheel sometimes it's not practical in a living room with family etc and frankly sometimes there are more important things in life to spend my money on.

I don't dispute that a wheel is not a better simulation but it's not as simple as that for everyone.

I've been using a controller for over 20 years and I can still get the feel I need through that to be more than competitive, provided as I can set the layout as I please

Because as much as I would like a wheel sometimes it's not practical in a living room with family etc and frankly sometimes there are more important things in life to spend my money on.

I don't dispute that a wheel is not a better simulation but it's not as simple as that for everyone.

I've been using a controller for over 20 years and I can still get the feel I need through that to be more than competitive, provided as I can set the layout as I please

True, true but I still found it frustrating on a controller more so the KTM.

Only if you push the stick the whole way...

Yeah but it isn't exactly practical for delicate steering.

I'm not happy because I use the toggles for throttle and steering and have been since GT game out many years ago. Not having an option to change layout sucks to be honest, yes I have a wheel but sometimes I haven't got time to set it all up. Also I have a disability which stops me using the controller as is, not making a big deal out of my disability just the fact you can't config the ****ing buttons!

I'm not happy because I use the toggles for throttle and steering and have been since GT game out many years ago. Not having an option to change layout sucks to be honest, yes I have a wheel but sometimes I haven't got time to set it all up. Also I have a disability which stops me using the controller as is, not making a big deal out of my disability just the fact you can't config the ****ing buttons!
PS4? Go to setting/accessibility. There's an option to change controller buttons.

I think it's unreasonable to expect to have to change the PS4 controller functions just for one game.

This is basics and the guys at AC need to sort it out

I think it's unreasonable to expect to have to change the PS4 controller functions just for one game.

This is basics and the guys at AC need to sort it out
I think it's unreasonable for you or anyone else to be GIVEN a solution from Sony in an update to offer that solution to just this kind of problem and complain about having to use it. You are right that Kunos should offer full controller configuration but they haven't. Will they? I don't know. Have you asked for it to be added on the official site?

Back