controller set-up

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrudusV
  • 11 comments
  • 556 views
Messages
30
this isn't for ppl with wheels..i tried a wheel once with GT3 and it just didn't feel right. so how do you have your GT3 controller set-up. i have mine like my friend recomended..all is normal exceot that i push up on the left analog stick for gas and down on the left analog stick for brake. i tried using X and square but since the dualshock2 has the pressure sensetive ya gotta kind push down kinda hard on the button to get full throtle and i found that kind hurts my thumb
 
I'm a Button man myself. :) The analogs for throttle are just to loose for me I guess.


:cheers:

And welcome to GTP.
 
Welcome to GTP, BrudusV. I use the left analog stick for steering and the right analog stick for throttle/brakes. I played for the first week with the default button setup, but I couldn't get smooth steering input that way, so I switched.

So you basically do everything with the left stick? Or you steer some other way?
 
I vary my uses of the stick and the buttons.

I use the buttons for stuff like the test track, but I use the buttons for anything with major turning and twisting.

I think it probably dates back to my usage of the buttons all the way from GT1.

Cant beat heritage! Just cant beat the buttons, just cant beat the buttons!
 
GoKents: for the answer to your question, you need 200 posts before you can load your own avatar. When you get over 200, there will be an extra slot in your user profile where you can attach an avatar image. Look in the stickies at the top of the Questions & Feedback forum.
 
I use the left analog stick for everything. accel brake and turning. i couldn't use both analog stick, not that coordinated. i might switch to the buttons
 
welcome to GTP. I use the left stick for steering, and use the buttons for all the other stuff. Just the normal settings.
 
left stick is steering and then right is gas. Put the brake on R1 so i can really get some control out of it. :cool:
 
Originally posted by BrudusV
I use the left analog stick for everything. accel brake and turning. i couldn't use both analog stick, not that coordinated. i might switch to the buttons
Wow, you're weird! :p I'd imagine that it takes a lot more coordination to use one stick for multiple tasks than separating the two.

Anyway, I use the default setup-- Left analog stick for steering, boo-tons for accelerating/braking, paddles for shifting.
 
Left stick is turning (if I need a slight adjustment I use the D-Pad) and buttons for gas, brake, reverse, etc. and I use the 'R' buttons for shifting...
 
welcome to GTP ^_^,if ya wanna know my set-up,since my wheel doesn't work =P,then here it is

Right Analog - Steering
Left Analog - nothing
R1 - Downshift
R2 - Upshift
L1 - Look behind you
L2 - Reverse
X - Acceleration
Square - Brake
Circle - Handbrake
Triangle - Change Views

AE86Driver
 
once i hurt my thumb so bad, but I was in the middle of a tourny that i really wanted to finish so i changed the accelerate to R2 and Brake to L2. It actually has a surprising amount of control
 
Back