Controller settings (PC / XBOX whatever)

• Thread starter mcmatic
  • 2 comments
mcmatic
Hi guys,

I wonder what controller settings you guys use in game?
I will be playing on a pc with a DS4 controller... I have read that the game feels "arcade-ish" but you can change settings to a more "realistic / simulation" feel like in the forza motorsport / gran turismo series.

Cheers,

Mike

The simulation settings doesn't feel that much different to me, to be honest. Just felt a bit more "weighty".

Using DS4 as well on PC using the InputMapper. Works great.
My settings are mostly default, with the exception of using shift up/down with Square/Cross and remapping Handbrake to Circle. Am used to these settings for racing games.

Hi guys,

I wonder what controller settings you guys use in game?
I will be playing on a pc with a DS4 controller... I have read that the game feels "arcade-ish" but you can change settings to a more "realistic / simulation" feel like in the forza motorsport / gran turismo series.

Cheers,

Mike
Settings are not going to change the way the cars actually drive, it will only change the way your inputs are registered. You can change your deadzones in game, and the control setup but, but nothing specifically changes it in the way you're asking.

There are game aids that will change, although all they really do is make it feel less restrictive. Simulation steering is in there, but that has never made anything feel real in my opinion.

If anything, this game fits pretty well into the Sim-cade category. You can't just mash it around turns with no risk like you basically can in NFS, but you also don't have to be as cautious as you where in the Motorsport series. Driving the high powered RWD cars makes that very apparent.

Latest Posts

Back