Controller setup

• Thread starter Donnced
  • 22 comments
Spain
valencia
Donnced
Hi to all!

Normaly i drive with my wheel, but sometimes i can't mount if and have to play with a controller.
I find a good setup in the advanced settings with what i can drive really nice.
The visual wheel in video settings i put it on 400 degrees.

I share them here for the people who don't have a wheel and for those like me that don't can play with the wheel every time.
Hope you enjoy them!

Vibration: 85
Speed sensitivity :25
Steering speed: 100
Deadzone:1
Filter:0
Gamma 2.8

BTW, I'm on preset 1 of button configuration.
Manual gearbox, ABS an TC off or factoy,stability control at 0%
Really good settings with all types of cars!
And feel free to share your own settings if you want so!

*Post edited with changes on controller settings with assetto corsa 1.03 update

Last edited:
Great setup, thanks mate.
Is there anyway to assign custom keys to the controller? I could not find any way to do so , just 3 pre-assigen modes that can't be modified?

Is there anyway to assign custom keys to the controller? I could not find any way to do so , just 3 pre-assigen modes that can't be modified?

Not yet. Hopefully it will be added in the future but I'm not sure if they've commented one way or the other. It is kind of a necessity though.

Great setup, thanks mate.
Thanks to give them a try!
Custom key set isn't on the game yet.
I play on preset 1, but you can map the buttons off your controller in the settings screen of the PlayStation self..it isn't perfect but helps

Not yet. Hopefully it will be added in the future but I'm not sure if they've commented one way or the other. It is kind of a necessity though.

Well that's ready bad news, I am used to a custom setup that I use in all driving games, can't drive well in those pre custom modes

Thanks to give them a try!
Custom key set isn't on the game yet.
I play on preset 1, but you can map the buttons off your controller in the settings screen of the PlayStation self..it isn't perfect but helps
Didn't know about this, will give it a shot soon

Xbox:

who has xbox, don't touch the last adjustment (Linealidad del volant3) as it is with a bug and will ruin everything

100% was very good in controlling the xbox, I was test 400%, didn't like it, when I came back again to 100%, the wheel of the car looked completely loose, no matter what value I put. (I had to delete the save of the game, to get back to normal.)

I don't know if this problem occurs in version PS4

a good setup for xbox

60-100%
5%
5%
10%
65%
100% (don't touch that, until they fix - If you change, even going back to 100% the wheel will be completely broken)

gNh2lSE.png

Well first I think the game is project cars deja vu all over again. First thing I did was to take the best drivers car out, ferrari F40, with default settings, since people on this forum said how good it was with a controller.
Its not! The game is crap with a controller! Total crap!
And the F40 has soap between its wheels and the track!
I did a thread about the horrible F40 in gt6 and it turned out all midengine cars had a huge bug.
It at least got driveable, but its NOT like that in real life!
Well here we are again, this is not how an F40 is in real life.
Maybe everything is fine with a wheel, but doubt it, since there is no problem seeing what is input/controller related and what is grip/balance/settings related.

Well first problem is playing this game on xbox one using the standard controller.
Just look at how the driveranimation moves his hands... That is what the controller is sending out, and its like total 100% left and right and everything inbetween at the same time. Smooth isnt even possible.

Well after hours of pissed of frustration trying to get this game to behave ( why do I have to develope another game?! What did I pay for in the store?!)

I now drive with these settings.
They are MUCH smoother and depending on what car of course, but really driveable.

And important!!
If you have an elite controller then put on the highest thumbstick on the left and then to counter the xbox ones biggest problem, the loose sticks with very little feel, and getting rid of jerky inputs, pull up on the left stick and aleays have it like that!
When turning you roll the stick left or right as if turning a wheel.
You can now very easy hold a line into apex and actually have some sort of nice feeling of driving!
No more jerking back and forth, the animation will show smooth calm steering.
You can of course use this way to turn on an ordinary controller to, but its much smoother with the longer stick.

But to say that this game is fine with a controller... Hell no!

Been looking for new wheel today, seems like wheel users are happy. But before I bought this everybody seems to think controller is good to so who do you trust?!
If I knew how much pcars this would be I would never have bought it!
That game is STILL broken! But still plays better then this, with the settings I have.

So think before you buy this game and dont have a wheel!
And no, driving isnt hard! Just because its hard to drive doesnt mean its a simulator or the best game ever! Everybody needs to be more realistic with how cars behave. A ferrari with huge rearwheels will have a lot of grip back there, no matter if the engine is there it wont just slide around on dry asphalt for no real reason.
That is why they put on those big tires!
The little midengine alfa 4c doesnt behave even close to how bad the f40 does. Makes no sense what so ever. Of course lighting up the rears with turbopower will aleays put you of the track if not careful, but thats not what I am talking about here.
Well it must be because I am such a bad driver again..

I just two weeks ago had a racetrack education and got to learn how to drive cayman S and 911 997 on a racetrack and got best in class. Not ones did I spin the car or had any of the abnormal reactions the cars in this game, using a controller, has.

So please! Simulate turning a wheel with a controller so that we can drive this game for real.

I know the xbox one controller is basically crap and gives very little to none confidence, but it is possible to make it much much better then it is right now at least.

I just two weeks ago had a racetrack education and got to learn how to drive cayman S and 911 997 on a racetrack and got best in class. Not ones did I spin the car or had any of the abnormal reactions the cars in this game, using a controller, has.

So please! Simulate turning a wheel with a controller so that we can drive this game for real.

Wow! That's amazing, I honestly never knew they were hooking up X-Box controllers to Porsches these days and letting people learn how to drive them at the track properly using the controller! That's incredible.

Hi to all!

Normaly i drive with my wheel, but sometimes i can't mount if and have to play with a controller.
I find a good setup in the advanced settings with what i can drive really nice.
The visual wheel is smooth with them also.

I share them here for the people who don't have a wheel and for those like me that don't can play with the wheel every time.
Hope you enjoy them!

View attachment 579846

BTW, I'm on preset 1 of button configuration.
And feel free to share your own settings if you want so!
Thanks for sharing. I understand Vibration Intensity. What do the other settings do?

G'day. I love my racing games but hate driving with the Presets they have. What do you mean exactly when you say you can map the buttons off your controller in the PlayStation settings itself? I need to change the controls to something different to the pre sets and am disappointed I can't
=[

G'day. I love my racing games but hate driving with the Presets they have. What do you mean exactly when you say you can map the buttons off your controller in the PlayStation settings itself? I need to change the controls to something different to the pre sets and am disappointed I can't
=[
For Donnced

=[
Go into setting/accessibility on the PS4 and there is an option to change each button on a DS4 so you can overcome the settings a game gives you.

it's April 2017.. looking for updated or the most recent controller settings. the cars are still super twitchy and going flat out leads to lots of out of control and crashing/going off the track. I don't have the space or $ for a wheel. I have a PS4 and game controller.

it's April 2017.. looking for updated or the most recent controller settings. the cars are still super twitchy and going flat out leads to lots of out of control and crashing/going off the track. I don't have the space or $ for a wheel. I have a PS4 and game controller.

They didn't update anymore the settings from the controler since October with the 1.03 version.
My controller settings on the first post are the updated with those i play still sometimes when i don't got time to mount my wheel.

The visual wheel is still twitchy, i tried to get it better, but with no result.

That game is really made to play with a wheel.
It's like a complete other game really.

You can look forward to a wheelstand that is just perfect for people like us with not a lot of space available at home.. And you gave a trusthmaster T150 at 150€ new... What is quite cheap if you play some racing games.

Here i let the best controler and wheel settings for me.
I know that the controler settings will surely surprise, but they are working really great like that!
On controller put visual wheel rotation in video options at 300degrees or less and for the wheel put it on "no" so the visual wheel match your wheel movement perfectly.

pixlr.png

They didn't update anymore the settings from the controler since October with the 1.03 version.
My controller settings on the first post are the updated with those i play still sometimes when i don't got time to mount my wheel.

The visual wheel is still twitchy, i tried to get it better, but with no result.

That game is really made to play with a wheel.
It's like a complete other game really.

You can look forward to a wheelstand that is just perfect for people like us with not a lot of space available at home.. And you gave a trusthmaster T150 at 150€ new... What is quite cheap if you play some racing games.
The playseat challenge is £154 ( 144 the other night) on Amazon. It's a great solution for those with minimal space and want mire than a wheel stand. I believe it's the one @Scaff has?
Here i let the best controler and wheel settings for me.
I know that the controler settings will surely surprise, but they are working really great like that!
On controller put visual wheel rotation in video options at 300degrees or less and for the wheel put it on "no" so the visual wheel match your wheel movement perfectly.

View attachment 641698
I tried those settings for the DS4 before, and whilst they work they're not suitable for all cars when needing to catch a slide. Though that probably wont be an issue for people who avoid cars like the Lotus 49.

The playseat challenge is £154 ( 144 the other night) on Amazon. It's a great solution for those with minimal space and want mire than a wheel stand. I believe it's the one @Scaff has?
I tried those settings for the DS4 before, and whilst they work they're not suitable for all cars when needing to catch a slide. Though that probably wont be an issue for people who avoid cars like the Lotus 49.
It is the one I have and its bloody brilliant.

Thanks, I nearly bit the bullet on it last week. It was 250 at Xmas and I thought it was too much for what it is but I think the current price is fair. Will buy it as soon as I get my wheel sorted.

I have just seen this, I mentioned on the SLR thread I also have this seat and highly recommend to anyone as it is a great option for lack of space, it really works and I can put it away in 30seconds as the wheels and pedals fold up with it all in one. (I had it 18 months now with my T300RS after recommendation on here from the Pcars guys)👍

t300rs-challengeseat-jpg.646804

Back