Controller Users.

  • Thread starter Thread starter FitzyWATP
  • 7 comments
  • 1,028 views
Messages
123
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
When was the last time you had your PS controller connected by USB to your PS4?

If it's been some time, it may be worth while doing it.

I normally play on a G29 but due to being under the weather I have been playing from my bed on a controller.

Early yesterday I was lapping Dragon Trail Gardens, after about ten laps my best was 1:32.0 and my optimum was 1:31.1.

I went back to it later in the day, on my 2nd controller as my first was charging, and I was consistently 1:34 - 1:35 for the same circuit with the same car.

After a couple of hours my 2nd controller needed charged so I reverted to my original controller and the first lap I did was a 1:32.

I swapped back and forth between the two and there was no doubt my 2nd controller was 2 seconds slower than my 1st.

It still responded to my inputs, and it's hard to describe but it was just like the car was slightly more difficult to drive when using the 2nd controller.

Briefly connecting the controller directly to the PS4 by USB corrected the issue, after which there was no difference between the times I could acheive using either.

2 secs is in the region where I would have put the difference down to just me being rotten and/or inconsistent and if I didn't have a 2nd controller I don't think I'd have noticed that I needed to re-sync.

If you're having an off night it may be worth checking. :)
 
Quite a few people reported faster input latency when wireless. Which goes against what I would assume!

 
Quite a few people reported faster input latency when wireless. Which goes against what I would assume!

Only play wireless tbh. I connected by the cable briefly, moved about the menus then reverted to wireless to play. That appeared to be sufficient to re-sync and correct the issue I was having.
 
Are you talking about a DS4 Controller ? I'm confused because ... isn't it always wireless ? Controller data is sent via Bluetooth, the USB connection is for charging only afaik.
 
Are you talking about a DS4 Controller ? I'm confused because ... isn't it always wireless ? Controller data is sent via Bluetooth, the USB connection is for charging only afaik.

Yes DS4 controller, connecting by cable for charging also resyncs ps4 and ds4 I believe.

If you normally charge from the PS4 I assume a desync couldn't happen but I charge on a seperate device normally.
 
isn't it always wireless ? Controller data is sent via Bluetooth, the USB connection is for charging only
Nope... You can have it set up as a wired controller so that input data is sent to PS4 via the USB cable (Bluetooth disabled), I have mine like this with a 3m cable.
 
Nope... You can have it set up as a wired controller so that input data is sent to PS4 via the USB cable (Bluetooth disabled), I have mine like this with a 3m cable.

Thanks for this 👍. Which is the respective settings menue ?
 
20181105135019.jpg


👍
 
Back