Conversion of a Logitech shifter for Fanatec wheelbase compatibility, enabling 7th gear & other mods

• Thread starter 93360
  • 8 comments
Australia
Sydney
B-spec-_-Bob
I did a thing and made a pdf document about it, enjoy :)

CONTENTS
Preface
Summary
Introduction
Disassembling the shifter
Rewiring the shifter
Rewiring for a PS/2 connection (Backwards compatible)
Suitable PS/2 cables from the Fanatec Webshop​
Rewiring for an RJ12 connection (Current generation)
Suitable RJ12 cables from the Fanatec Webshop​
Enabling reverse gear selection
Enabling 7th gear selection
Increasing the required shifting force
Increasing gear lever centring force
Other shifter feeling mods
Checklist for reassembling the shifter assembly
Securing the replacement cable and completing reassembly
Repositioning the shifter knob cap
Other shifter knob mods
Appendix A: Wiring diagrams
Fanatec shifter wiring diagram
Logitech shifter wiring diagram
Fanatec compatible Logitech shifter wiring diagram​
Appendix B: Altering potentiometer output voltages
Alternative wiring to use the Logitech reverse gear position
Alternative wiring to enable the Fanatec 7th gear position​

Edit 19/12/2018: pdf file updated with some revised formatting.

Attachments

• Conversion of a Logitech shifter for Fanatec wheelbase compatibility by B-spec-_-Bob - Dec-2018.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 1,137
Last edited:
Hi

you made exactly what i'm looking for

i bought a G29 shifter because my Fanatec porsche shifter broke, and it was crap anyway.

my first option were to place the electronics of the fanatec into the logitech shifter, but it seems way more easy to do what you explain.

i juste finished it, and there are 2 problems :

in neutral, it sometime thinks it is in 3rd, i only need to touch the knob for it to think that.

also, my 1st gear is recognized as the reverse :( i don't know why

Last edited:
edit :

i found a way to calibrate the neutral without 3rd issue, i have to push a little bit the knob in front when it ask neutral, and then it's ok after calibration.

but for the 1st seen as a reverse, i don't know what to do :( moving it here and there during calibration doesn't change anything :/

Last edited:
edit :

i found a way to calibrate the neutral without 3rd issue, i have to push a little bit the knob in front when it ask neutral, and then it's ok after calibration.

but for the 1st seen as a reverse, i don't know what to do :( moving it here and there during calibration doesn't change anything :/

I'm glad that your are finding my guide useful, but you will need to specify which modifications you have performed before I can tell what might have gone wrong.
If you haven't already read the appendix, I suggest you try to understand the wiring diagrams so that you can determine if there is an issue with your wiring or not.

Hi, I know this is an old thread now, but I have just upgraded from a g29 to a fanatec gt dd pro, so decided to do this conversion.

I am having the same issues as fabriziooo where the 1st gear position is being recognised as reverse, then 3rd is 1st, 5th is 3rd etc. I have done just the rj12 wiring and the reverse gear mod from the pdf.

It seems that where the push switch is supposed to activate the reverse selection nothing happens. I have triple checked all of the wiring for both the pinouts and the diagrams provided.

Has anyone else managed to get this all working correctly and can give me some advice on fixing my issues please.

This is awesome. I switched from g923/shifter..too csldd/fanatec shifter. I know this is old post, and actually the first I have looked at.

I want to convert the shifter to use as a handbrake. I'm also on console, I'm guessing it should work fine. Would that be possible? I have a couple 3d printers, so the physical conversion is simple.

thanks in advance

This is awesome. I switched from g923/shifter..too csldd/fanatec shifter. I know this is old post, and actually the first I have looked at.

I want to convert the shifter to use as a handbrake. I'm also on console, I'm guessing it should work fine. Would that be possible? I have a couple 3d printers, so the physical conversion is simple.

thanks in advance
The Fanatec handbrake input comes from potentiometer, so generates a variable signal - the shifters are sending static , not a range, so your handbrake would only be on/off. Someone on the forum sells a hall effect sensor replacement for the pot so maybe you could use that w the shifter mechanism

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back