Conversion Vans!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TopHat
  • 15 comments
  • 1,187 views
Messages
7,153
Messages
killermrk
Messages
KillerMRK2
I think that conversion vans are pretty damn cool. My churches Director of Religious Ed. has one. Its a Chevrolet Express Regency. Its got the leather sofa, TV, N64 (:sly:), and its comfy as hell.

I really wouldn't mind having a conversion van, because then my friends and I would take kick ass roadtrips in it. :D

http://www.conversioncenter.com/inventory/details.aspx?vin=XXXXXXXXXX86576AT

Thats just a cheap one. I'd imagine that the nicer ones will be dirt cheap in 5 years. :D
 
Why do they always have one?

I guess they would be cool later on in life, but not right now.

Think of it this way, you may have been conceived in your dad's old shaggin' van.
 
My mom used to be into those when I was a kid growing up. She rolled the first one with me, both of my brothers in it. Thank god for the headroom in those things. :sly:

Second one was sweet. Brand spankin' new Chevy. They both had color TV, VCR, etc., which were pretty cool back in the 80's.
 
....

I need to turn my boss, Rick, onto this thread. He's an old van enthusiast.
 
Actually, conversion vans, tacky as they are, are a huge bargain in the used department. Also, if you get a good one that was built on a heavy duty van chassis, it'll tow a nice little racecar trailer, too.
 
Why do they always have one?

Are you kidding? - what better way to attract young boys into your vehicle than leather sofa's, TV's and a N64. :sly:
 
Are you kidding? - what better way to attract young boys into your vehicle than leather sofa's, TV's and a N64. :sly:

She's a woman... And I'm not christian. :odd:

Duke is also correct there, these things depreciate a little worse than a Crown Vic!!! :D :D :D
 
My grandfather owned a 1991 Chevrolet C20 Mark III until a couple of years ago. It looked exactly like this but it was hunter green.
 
My grandfather owned a 1991 Chevrolet C20 Mark III until a couple of years ago. It looked exactly like this but it was hunter green.
:lol: And my mom's was just like that one without the raised roof.
 
How was it on the inside? Looks pretty cool.
 
Better than many homes. :D Carpeted surfaces, wooden railings, cabinet with TV/VCR, 2nd row captains chairs, window blinds, etc., etc.

I was still fairly new from Japan, so I was really amazed by the conversion vans(evidently, so was my mom). I had seen just one American van in Japan, and it was a Ford Econoline Conversion. It belonged to some guy in the neighborhood, and I thought it was the coolest thing at the time. I even saw the owner(I hope it was the owner) sleeping in it one time. Looked like he got kicked out by his wife or something. Handy!
 
Back