Convertables... top down?

• Thread starter DEUFUS
  • 9 comments
DEUFUS
I have a Ferrari California and raced it in the seasonal Ferrari race. I passed by another California with the top down. How can the AI do this and why not me? Is there a way to run convertibles w/ the top down while racing?

The top comes up when you put on a ridiculous wing that never should be there in the first place on. Take the wing off and the top will go down.

Last edited:
The top comes up when you put on a ridiculous wing that never should be there in the first place on. Take the wing off and the top will go down.

^ This is true for the Ferrari California and probably a few other models, with the exception that I like the way the California looks with the hardtop, it has a very nice shape.

I'm pretty sure it's just the California. I actually slightly prefer the car's look with the top up as well -- or I would if you could get it without the wing which is not the prettiest thing in the world.

I don't even get why there are like more convertibles in the game that have the top forced on than not. It's not like there is a modelling issue or something that makes it difficult to model a car without a top.

You go through the game thinking there is a reason why in the thumbnails and NCD presentations the convertibles have the top down, but top up when you race. Then, you see a California or something and get overtaken because you were too busy scratching your head, trying to see the logic as to why.

IMO, the California looks good wing or no wing, but if I had to choose one or the other, I'd choose no wing. It doesn't really need it anyways.

You should not care, indeed you should be happy as the wing provides added downforce. You are a racer and PD has taken this into account.

So I'm not allowed to have any interest in the visual appeal of my cars? It's not a big thing to me personally, if a wing helps I say use it... unless you don't want to for another reason. I'm not one of the "how dare you soil the perfect beauty and harmony of this magnificent motor vehicle by the installation of parts not designed by its glorious manufacturer" type of people. But that doesn't mean I don't think some cars look better one way or another, performance aside. I don't have a big problem with the California either way, but I wouldn't have a problem with top-up with no wing either. I actually prefer the current choices to the state of any other convertible in the game.

PD hasn't taken into account this racer's desire for even fields, failures, proper gap information, practice and qualifying, at least local yellows, custom championships, or a number of other things.

Last edited:
Back