Converting 4WD to RWD

• Thread starter GODfreyGT5
  • 21 comments
FRAG-ME-CG
Looking through the Nissan dealerships it really hits you about how many 4wd cars would be incredible to drift if they were RWD, but I never give them a second glance as I am strongly against 4wd drifting because it's too easy!

A couple of members on my drift team have messed about with torque distribution and their LSD's to make what 'feels' like RWD in 4wd cars.

Has anyone found settings that will create true RWD from 4WD cars?

Chris

Last edited:
Looking through the Nissan dealerships it really hits you about how many 4wd cars would be incredible to drift if they were RWD, but I never give them a second glance as I am strongly against 4wd drifting because it's too easy!

A couple of members on my drift team have messed about with torgue (possible typo?) distribution and their LSD's to make what 'feels' like RWD in 4wd cars.

Has anyone found settings that will create true RWD from 4WD cars?

Chris

i set the torque balance 10/90, and just make the rear end more slippery. VOILA ! i used it on my R32 gt-r drift quite well :sly:

The 10/90 split works ok, but you can still definitely feel the front wheels pulling. It's not really any faster than RWD though, and you do have to countersteer almost as much.

It's not supposed to be easy, it's supposed to feel like a Rwd. If you set the all the LSD to rear aswell, it feels much more like RWD

Yhea, it's not about how it feels or what skill level it is, i'm wondering about if they can be made to be true RWD, as in no fron wheel power.

Chris

This is why we need drive train swaps in gt6! Skylines, subies, and evos that are converted is very popular in the japanese drifting culture.

All you need to do to get the closest rwd feel is , set the torque split to 10/90 then its all about adjusting the lsd , you need the rear end to get power in larger amounts and faster than the front . The front end should have initial torque of around 5 and acceleration sensitivity at about 10 set the braking sensitivity similar. The rear end needs initial torque of about 30 and acceleration sensitivity of about 60 and the braking sensitivity of about 20.

Then set the front suspension soft and the rear hard , i ran this setup on an evo 9 and it felt just like a rwd, but in the longer drifts the front end will began to gather power. Hope this helps ;)

All you need to do to get the closest rwd feel is , set the torque split to 10/90 then its all about adjusting the lsd , you need the rear end to get power in larger amounts and faster than the front . The front end should have initial torque of around 5 and acceleration sensitivity at about 10 set the braking sensitivity similar. The rear end needs initial torque of about 30 and acceleration sensitivity of about 60 and the braking sensitivity of about 20.

Then set the front suspension soft and the rear hard , i ran this setup on an evo 9 and it felt just like a rwd, but in the longer drifts the front end will began to gather power. Hope this helps ;)

True, but as i've said, I don't want the feel, I want true RWD.

I think there are no ways that you can convert 4WD to RWD Chris..
But i think drifting with 4WD is exciting, it can give you more drift angles and non-stoppable drifts:):)

When drifting my R33 GT-R... the front wheels never go red unless im in a 4 wheel slide. The rear kicks out instantly and feels just like my FR cars. Only reason I even play with it is because of my pink wheels

I use the 10/90 diff setting and set the front LSD to 5/5/5 it effectively defeats the front drive system and is as close to RWD as you can set an AWD car. Maybe a little camber in the front but that's all it takes really. I drift evo's all the way up to the veyron with this setting it works great.

Back