Cool Wall: 1970 Toyota Turbocharged 7 (578A)

• Thread starter Snikle
  • 5 comments

1970 Toyota Turbocharged 7 (578A)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
Poll 1508: 1970 Toyota Turbocharged 7 (578A) nominated by @Neddo
1653427686225.png

Body Style: 0 door open top
Engine: 5.0l V8 Twin Turbocharged but also NA
Power: 530-800 hp
Torque: 384-535 lb-ft
Weight: 620 kg
Transmission: Aisin 5 speed manual
Drivetrain: MR
Additional Information: Successor to the Toyota 7, designed to race in the 1970 Japan Grand Prix, but pulled out after Nissan pulled out their competitor. Never raced, save for a few exhibitions here and there.
Toyota-7-Turbo-578A-09.jpg

ef69bad64c8435f9e393ff6daefba3ed.png

Last edited:
Looks cool and great power figures, but having never raced loses points for the car. I'd go cool on the Toyota 7 that raced and won a bunch, but this one I won't go higher than meh.

Raise your hand if you knew about this car before at least Gran Turismo 4. I still remembered I needed a powerful vintage race car in Gran Turismo 5, and so a good GTPlaneteer offered this one.

Making a call on a car like this like this is tough. I mean, it never raced, so nobody knows was this one would be capable of in full anger. You can't exactly call it "Sub-Zero" if it is sublime but not really know HOW sublime. Likewise, you can't call it "Seriously Uncool" simply because it never raced and that no one can really gauge how much this car meant to motorsports or the represented brand. You can't really say "Meh" if it is just in the middle with no standout qualities.

So long story short... I'm going to call Cool on this car.

Alright, don't let this one get away from you :). 16 voters, closes Thursday.

Last edited:
Don't know why I didn't see it the last time I was here :( what a shame.

Power figures, looks and theoretical performance look off the charts, for sure. But sadly, it's a car that could not prove it's value on the racetrack.

Still, it is very, veeeery freakin' Cool. That would have been my vote.

Last edited:
Back