Weight: 840-970 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: FF, 4WD (1989+)
alfa_romeo_33_1_7_s_ie_16v_qv_permanent_4_img_28542.jpg

1200px-Alfa_Romeo_33_1.7_QV_1986.jpg

autowp.ru_alfa_romeo_33_1.5_quadrifoglio_verde_5.jpg

a028fe1fdd7a1bab5c18992ffe7b8b16.jpg

AlfaRomeo33QV_6.jpg.webp

Hard to decide on this one. I do love Alfas, but this isn't one of the better looking ones. It's not bad by any means, I just think something about the back is off. It's a hatch that looks like a tiny trunk and I can't decide if it's interesting or janky. Power isn't high but neither is weight so I'm sure it's not a bad drive, when it works. Between Meh and Cool... I'll go with meh, although I would still be interested at least if I saw one of these here in the States.

I think this Alfa Romeo is pretty cool looking. Proportions towards the rear look a good bit off, but I don't consider this car as anything sublime. I also don't think this car is overly boring. So this solidly gets a Cool from me.

I've always found it quite stylish, I especially love the pre-restyling ones and it performs great.
Cool

Last edited:
If Alfasud was reliable as this, it would do wonders and be a serious opponent against Golf. Alfasud is still cooler though, but 33 is least cool 33, but still cool

Nice looking but a bit dated for 1985. My friend who had one after a 'Sud said that it didn't drive as well. I think it still just scrapes a cool, as it still has that Alfa charm and a boxer engine.

A bit of deliberation between meh and cool here, but eventually settled on cool.

The only bad things I can really think of are it being called the 33 (putting a legendary nameplate on a family car is kind of silly), and the strange upturned rear that a lot of Alfas had back then like the 75, for example.

But the car has a lot going for it too. It's practical, sporty, and it's also an Alfa Romeo so regardless of the car that gives it cool points. For example, an Alfa MiTO will always be cooler than any comparative crappy hatchback, simply because it's an Alfa Romeo.

Latest Posts

Back