Poll 1512: 1989 Evans-Kudzu Series I GT nominated by @Snikle
A-15-1-scaled.jpg

Body Style: 2dr coupe
Engine: 5.7L Chevrolet V8
Power: 300 hp
Torque: 350 lb-ft (estimate)
Weight: 975 kg
Drivetrain: MR
Additional Information: They produced two of these, and they are street legal.
1989-Evans-Kudzu-Series-I-GT-2.jpg

A-29-scaled.jpg

evans-kudzu-gt-32.jpg

One of these was on Bring A Trailer earlier this year (or maybe last year), that's how I found out about it. It's very striking for sure, much like the more famous Vector W8, another stillborn American supercar. I don't know if it works here, that body has more curves than designers in the 1980s were used to. I do love that orange color though. It does look a bit kit-car-like though. My rational mind says meh for the looks but I still kinda want to vote cool for being a bright orange '80s race car for the road. I think I'll go meh, with the caveat that I probably would have voted cool if it had a spoiler or something.

Last edited:
Usually when I see Kudzu, I normally think Kudzu-Mazda. This car, while not a beautiful silhouette, does look pretty awesome. I'd have to imagine this car has an insane drag coefficient. This car is like a Can-Am car for the road. The fact this car was conceived and is street-legal is worthy of respect. While its power numbers seem weak for a car like this, I still think it is a very intriguing machine. So tab me for (moderate) Cool on this car.

If anyone doesn’t know the name Kudzu, this might go over their heads. But I love this car because it’s essentially an American Dauer 962. This is basically an IMSA GTP sports prototype for the road and for that reason I think it deserves a cool.

Also cool due to the fact it’s incredibly obscure and interesting once you find out it exists. You just want to know more about the car and the name behind it.

Back