Weight: 1415-1500 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4-speed auto
Drivetrain: FF
d9e101f5-d8a7-41c9-82c7-d3255e413354.png

2002_toyota_camry-solara_convertible_sle-v6_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

2002_Solara_SLE_Convertible_2.jpg

1999_toyota_camry-solara_coupe_sle-v6_s_oem_1_500.jpg

2000-toyota-camry-solara-convertible-inline-1-photo-464941-s-original.jpg

A 180 back into normalcy from the last poll, we have this Camry coupe. One of those cars I see around and only occasionally remember they exist, even though my Aunt has one. Also one of those cars where a large proportion of pictures of it online are small and dated, like no one talked about it since 2005. While it may be a tad on the boring side, it blows the following generation out of the water visually. All in all I'd say it adds to an uncool.

The automotive equivalent of wearing a beige suit and matching tie, but the tie is slightly loosened because that's as casual as you dare to get. I imagine the majority of these were sent to quietly rust away in the backs of buy-here-pay-here lots the moment their lease period was up.

Uncool, but at least it has a manual option so... there's that, I guess.

You know, I could never really get into the Toyota Solara. A few off styling cues made me not like the Solara as much. I almost think of the Solara as I do most Acuras that aren't the RSX or NSX- don't love 'em, but don't hate 'em. I'm going to call Meh.

Ah, when Japanese auto manufacturers came to our shores, but the definitions of "coupe" and "sports car" had traces of "Mercury".

Last edited:
Well I preferred the Alpine hatch to be honest but its not a bad looking car for that period. Oh not Talbot, Toyota? Right, right.

Very bland. It seems that the only companies successful enough to make coupes, don't know how style them with any degree of flair. Uncool.

Last edited:
this is basically a camry for Americans. A few years ago I would've thought this was cool because of it's looks but that's all it's got going for it... What's much cooler is an I6 chaser.

Last edited:
Back