: 2-dr pickup, 4dr extended-cab pickup, 4dr crew-cab pickup
Engine: 3.4L V6, 4.0L V6, 4.7L V8
Power: 190-271 hp
Torque: 220-325 lb-ft
Weight: 1785-1912 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, 4-speed auto, 5-speed auto
Drivetrain: FR, F-4WD
1280px-03-06_Toyota_Tundra_regular_cab.jpg

a-guide-to-the-most-common-issues-of-the-first-generation-toyota-tundra-159682_1.jpg

1998001_2002_Tundra_V8-2-1000x600.jpg

Oh, the stepside...
1280px-Toyota-Tundra-StepSide.jpg

1998001_2003_Tundra_Interior-1000x600.jpg

It's more/less a standard truck, nothing really "cool" about it but I like it. My dad bought one in 2002 for the one time a year he does truck stuff and it spent most of its life sitting until I started driving a few years ago. So I guess I'm lucky to have an older low-mileage Toyota. It's a base model with a manual so driving it isn't even soulless. I'll give it a meh.

I'm glad I don't have a stepside one.

Some would argue of this Toyota Tundra perhaps being a bit "girly" in design. If you're a full-size truck, you need plenty of bravado and character to go toe-to-toe with your opposition. I think the Stepside model gives a little more character to its design. I like this truck a lot to not give it a mediocre or low ranking. I'll give this model Toyota Tundra a (low) Cool, because I kind of feel like I'd disrespect it saying "Meh."

I prefer its predecessor, though that would be no less uncool than this. "Cool" is a peculiar metric because something objectively liked may still not be regarded that way.
I think the Stepside model gives a little more character to its design.
Yeah, I don't dislike it as much as some are likely to. It's unconventional, sure, but it's not the obvious afterthought that other stepsides seem to be.

The rear on the blue Tundra in the additional images spoiler has to be one of the strangest taillight setups for a truck I've ever seen.

Other than that, Meh.

Yeah, I don't dislike it as much as some are likely to. It's unconventional, sure, but it's not the obvious afterthought that other stepsides seem to be.
I get that. I've seen some people (incorrectly?) say they're Solara lights, but I think they're bespoke to the truck. It's interesting for sure, but even as a little kid I saw them and thought "Gee I'm glad dad's truck doesn't look like that," :lol:

Its odd how few pickups manage to look good (imho) but they should at least look tough. This one really doesn't. Uncool but not hideous so avoids SU.

Gave it a Meh, because it should look more like this. Loved it when I went on a test drive back in 1990.
View attachment 1083786

That rear end, of the blue one, is silly. Toyota to bland pretty well and here, they tried too hard to add some type of extra Something in the design.

Its a pick-up... and just that.
The stepside is neither worse nor better.
Meh. Not too bad to go for Uncool.

Back