TMI-VM180-ZAGATO-main.jpg

Body Style: 2dr roadster
Engine: 1.8L I4
Power: 155 hp
Torque: 131 lb-ft
Weight: 1,010 kg
Transmission: 5-speed sequential
Drivetrain: MR
Additional Information: Zagato-bodied Toyota MR2 - 100 units built - Sold in Japan
tumblr_plwkq8pt3A1ti77kbo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_plwkq8pt3A1ti77kbo4_1280.jpg

6310799321_c44df0c40c_b.jpg

tumblr_plwkq8pt3A1ti77kbo1_1280.jpg

TMI-VM180-ZAGATO-interior-2.jpg

It's weird and I love it for that, but it's not attractive at all. I love the strange designs that Zagato and their other coachbuilding friends come up with, but they don't look attractive or cool enough for most people to find them palatable. As such I'd say uncool, though I'm sure it's fun to drive. The regular MR-2 is cooler, but I'd take this thing too.

TMI = too much information? ;) Anyhow, to me, I tend to think this TMI VM180 Zagato reminds me of the 1999-ish Toyota Celica SS-II with that front scoop and the miniscule lights. The Celica GT-FOUR is the greatest Celica ever. However, I actually liked that sharply-designed, dumbed down Celica. I don't hate this car in any respect; but at the same time, I don't think it is entirely boring to warrant a "Meh." So I'm going to go with a (low) Cool for this car.

Despite what other people say I really like this generation of MR2 or MR-S, it's a cute and decently sporty roadster.

This is what it would look like if it got burned in a fire.

SU.

Sometimes Zagato produces a real beauty. Sometimes they produce something that looks like this. Uncool.

They look pretty from some angles and awkward from others. But sheesh, the crappy aftermarket wheels in the opening photo make the car look much worse than it actually is.

I like the front, hate the rear (especially the fins). Shame the already truncated look of the MR-2 means they can't make it look more Zagato-esque. I was never fan of this generation MR-2 but I do like this. Cool.

Latest Posts

Back