Engine: 3.5L VQ35DE V6
Power: 260-298hp
Torque: 258-268 lb-ft
Weight: 1445-1540kg
Transmission: 5-speed automatic, 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel drive, front-engine, all-wheel drive
85370511.jpg

dims

to-infiniti-and-beyond-28k-mile-2004-infiniti-g35-coupe-6-speed00o0o_ggB8qMfSGBsz_0g80aL_1200x900.jpg

2005-Infiniti-G35-750x500.jpg

199962d1501313343-g35-coupe-interior-year-year-changes-2003_infiniti_g35_sedan_base_i_oem_2_500_zpsd8d37e4e.jpg

I'm going to give it a cool.

It looks a bit wonky, being the first Skyline following the great GT-R Schism and all, but it's still a little spicy, especially in coupe form. Also like that it appeared in tons of racing games back in the day. I wish the coupe would come back in a modern outing soon.

Also makes me wonder what the GT-R would have ended up looking like if it still continued using the Skyline as a base model.

From what I understand, this car, along with the FX, made people briefly like Infiniti during the 2000s. Good for them.

As for the car, it's fine. The interior screams mid-00s plastic fantastic, and the styling isn't great but it's alright. These days I mostly see the coupes* in their "4th owner, blacked-out fart-can vape-me-out" era, which is uncool, but these cars feel like they could get an easy resurgence once they get a little more age and 2000s nostalgia kicks into gear. 5-10 years we'll probably be seeing manual examples bringing silly money on Cars and Bids, but for now I'll go meh.

*As for the sedans, I can't tell if I only see them rarely, or if they just blend into the crowd really well.

Last edited:
Hey, a well-known owner of a Gran Turismo fansite drives one of these. That has to count for something right?

Before getting a proper Skyline/GT-R in America, we got this. I always thought this was a very nice car. Silver or some kind of almond color looks best for this car. This car is not sublime in any sense, but I do like this car a lot. So I'm going to give this a (low) Cool.

*As for the sedans, I can't tell if I only see them rarely, or if they just blend into the crowd really well.
I'm guessing they just didn't sell (or more realistically lease) that many sedans, since the coupe existed and when you're getting into this price range, a few thousand extra for the sporty looking one isn't that big a deal. And considering the two door model just looks a whole lot better, it's not too surprising really.

That said, like you said the G35 isn't a bad car or an ugly car, but it's not really a standout in any way either. That's the case with many '00 cars though, vehicles that era just seem to lack any memorable qualities unless they came along right at the tail end of the decade. Maybe if tuner culture hadn't moved completely into LED wiper fluid nozzles, fiberglass subwoofer housings and 29" RIMMMMMMZZZZ around the time this arrived in the States, it might have had some promise just by way of being a rebadged Skyline.

Meh. Coulda been worse, shoulda been better.

The saloon/sedan is rather bland and bloated. Rather sad given its predecessors had a certain something about them (though none of them were gorgeous). The coupe is quite nice, though again not gorgeous. Overall Meh.

I'm guessing they just didn't sell (or more realistically lease) that many sedans, since the coupe existed and when you're getting into this price range, a few thousand extra for the sporty looking one isn't that big a deal. And considering the two door model just looks a whole lot better, it's not too surprising really.
Honestly the day I made this poll I noticed a bunch of the sedans, for no reason other than thinking to look (Which I haven't thought to do again since)

Back