Poll 1425: 2005- Tango T600 nominated by @MOPARbarrett5
commuter-cars-tango-t600-2005-205100.jpg

Body Style:
2dr hatch
Engine: 2 electric motors
Power: 805 hp
Torque: 1000 lb-ft
Weight: 1400 kg
Battery: 12 V * 19 Hawker Odysseys or 25 Exide Orbital XCDs or Optima Yellow Tops. Lithium-ion battery options available
Drivetrain: AWD
Additional Information: A few of these were actually sold (Including one to George Clooney), so they count for the wall.
tango-t600-electric-car.jpg

Ei_vHTlWsAEp4e6.jpg

TxGPy1SvNS0hefJuOsOUG9uzR-UM71MxlWmkHBYGIB-zOAzdtv__IWnFPZMB9uPxMkrvTRQO8GySpjDHLqzsycY7hwy8K6xcgzEUDgrHjDvgLEkyisIzzShuRe7eviiQfzPIZPzH6pUI9d9tIOFfCvoPuQ1nr9cj-R9KPXzGfA1c8bZaWxWpxwOtHtnTrOI4isfoKlkWcoa3QX8fYXYdyMA9bhQrS9g5Ge9rmIQiwNWrOIdoKxLeiYWOAoL6zhO57liPA1buldbXATZYL6cUciGAlY-iGv9SffoQvMdjXlfm5B4w7bA

This is very strange, and not in a nice way. I guess the performance numbers surprised me when I was filling out the OP, but even then they're just what the company claims. Apparently this is supposed to be a supercar? As supercars go, this would be a bad one, to me at least. SU. Although it'd be SU whether it had supercar performance or econobox performance. At least the Ami from a few polls ago had performance more in line with its looks (I kinda regret going SU on that one, I like it much more than this)

Not to mention, this was pretty vaporware-ish. They managed to sell a few, but by now the company is all but dead. Vaporware is uncool.

Last edited:
What kind of contraption is this? This Tango T600 looks like someone heightened a Kei car and narrowed its sides. I wear glasses, and I can't even see what makes this thing even remotely attractive. Only way I see this being "cool" is if you lost a bet and had to drive this thing as punishment. You say this thing is supposed to be a "supercar?" Please. Give me a real Kei "supercar" like the Mazda Autozam AZ-1 or the Honda Beat. Heck, I'd even have a Suzuki Wagon R RR or any Daihatsu Kei SUV instead of this. This Tango T600? Seriously Uncool.

This has to be the greatest car ever made.

Upon first glance it just seems to be this absolutely ridiculously-proportioned electric commuter car that was another entrepreneur's pet project to "rewrite the future of city driving" or something generic like that.

Then you look inside and it has a Momo steering wheel!? A MoTec display of some sorts, and red stitching that look like they're from a race car. Then you step on the gas and it does 0-60 faster than a Carrera GT. I've even read somewhere that it has a Prodrive-designed roll cage. It also has a four-point harness like a race car for absolutely no reason. It boggles my mind that they've hid this absolutely ridiculous beast in what looks like one of the jankiest and most boring automobiles ever designed.

They've got some pretty interesting claims behind this car too, apparently it has the same rollover threshold as a Porsche 911 at 56 degrees and it scored the best time in the emergency lane-change maneuvers in a competition it was enrolled in. Apparently even beating motorcycles. Sounds like it's pretty adept at the twisty stuff too despite its ridiculous form factor.

It can do some pretty convincing burnouts too. I would absolutely love to drive one of these, yes please.

SZ, absolutely SZ.

Also, this video is absolutely hilarious and worth your time so watch it. I died laughing when it burst through that snow-covered garage.

Last edited:
This car was way ahead of its time, so much so it barely sold. Even now it is quite impressive and I like the idea of fitting two of these into one road lane. If I ever win the lottery and/or get rich from crypto I will buy a few of these to help the company stay afloat and maybe start a racing series.
Very much sub zero.

The “safety” thinking with this car is hilarious. They made it super heavy, so it wouldn’t roll over, and added FIA certified roll bars in case it would roll over anyways. Didn’t bother adding an airbag or even crash testing it, and yet they are declaring it “the safest car in the world”, because it’s heavy, because it can swerve between lanes really quickly and because it has 800 BHP to make it accelerate away from any accidents.

Okay. That sounds like a car designed by Donald Trump. What about actual safety? What happens when you do have a crash in this thing?

Seriously uncool, on so many levels.

The impressions I get from other people is that this car has a bunch of features that could put much bigger vehicles to shame. I am never going to hate a car because it is powered by electric motors or anything. And if we're describing this car outside of the fact it's styled like a tall Kei car, it just seems silly. What happens if you were to drive this thing around Laguna Seca's Corkscrew or Eau Rouge at Spa-Francorchamps? Easy roll-over.

Not even all of this car's internals and details won't modify my "Seriously Uncool" call.

Nice idea, very poorly executed. Would be uncool but the fact that the performance of this would startle the average bystander raises it up. Overall Meh, I guess.

This car was way ahead of its time, so much so it barely sold. Even now it is quite impressive and I like the idea of fitting two of these into one road lane. If I ever win the lottery and/or get rich from crypto I will buy a few of these to help the company stay afloat and maybe start a racing series.
Very much sub zero.
I very much second this. I wish this car was in a racing game like GT or Assetto Corsa so much because I'd totally start a racing league with them. That would be insanely fun to watch.

This car is the definition of Monaco.
Still SU. It may be ahead of its time, but it's so ugly that nothing can change that SU.

Every single aspect of this vehicle makes me just think 'why?'

Why does it have 8 times the power it could possibly need?
Why does it weigh 4 times as much as it should?
Why would you want to kill yourself in such a ridiculous looking contraption?
And most importantly, why would you buy this instead of a superbike?

Back