Additional Information: Cheapest production car
Tata-Nano-coche-m%C3%A1s-barato-del-mundo-ventas.jpg

NAZ_3f830c0562e244f3bc4992183e5a7dac.jpg

tata_nano-2008_r11.jpg

tata-nano.jpg

4accebc645bb6db34673c407e38e6a08.jpg

Tata-Nano-Rear-view-23586.jpg

394-0.jpg

I guess the simplicity is nice, and being so cheap is good for people who otherwise couldn't get a car, but its certainly not cool. SU

As a car, it's definitely the opposite of cool. But I've gotta respect what it was trying to do and be: it wasn't trying to be cool or hip or whatever, it was just trying to be affordable transportation, which is noble in its own right. That's worth something in itself. Cool

Indian muscle. I always thought this Tata Nano was a cool mini car. It looks goofy to a lot of people and doesn't hold much weight trying to be the toughest car on the road. If you just want a simple and inexpensive car to drive, this will suit you well. I just don't want to say this is Uncool or Seriously Uncool. However, it is not really appealing enough to really be cool. So I'm going to go Meh on this car, because I feel like I'd be disrespecting it by saying it isn't cool at all.

There was some very clever engineering gone into this little car to make it as cheap as possible. Its a real shame it ended up being a flop, as the intention of giving people something substantially safer than a scooter or motorcycle was a sound one. However it is rather stylistically challenged and turned out to not be as safe as touted. Uncool but avoids Seriously so, because the price excuses a lot.

I commend this car for being that cheap, not so much for everything else but it's ok, since its express goal was to be affordable transportation.
Uncool

I know it's designed to maximize cost-effectiveness in a market where almost nobody can afford a car, but come on. Even my Hot Wheels cars have bigger wheels than this.

1635794079501.png

I know it's designed to maximize cost-effectiveness in a market where almost nobody can afford a car, but come on. Even my Hot Wheels cars have bigger wheels than this.

View attachment 1091157
From what I've been told, the pepperoni slice-width wheels and relatively high ground clearance are also to help the car navigate the more unpaved areas of India, which are little more than rutted cart paths. Take that with a teaspoon of masala, though.

In my opinion, it looks better than a last gen Smart, and it being more usful, makes me vote cool.

I think I'll give the Nano a meh.

I don't want to vote "SU because cheap, crappy car" because that's exactly the Nano's purpose; to be a cheap, crappy car.

So it accomplished what it set out to do I guess? I'll leave it at that.

(also the drivetrain gives it some novelty points too.)

Last edited:
Back