• Poll closed .
United States
United States
Poll 1454: 2019- De Tomaso P72 nominated by @Cristobal1234
de-tomaso-p72-at-the-2019-goodwood-festival-of-speed.jpg

Body Style:
2-door coupe
Engine: 5.0 L supercharged Ford Coyote V8
Power: 700 HP (estimated) / 7500 rpm (estimated)
Torque: 608 lb-ft
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid engine, Rear wheel drive
Additional Information: The De Tomaso P72 is a sports car manufactured by Italian automobile manufacturer De Tomaso. Based on the underpinnings of the Apollo Intensa Emozione, the car is meant to be a homage to the De Tomaso P70 prototype racing car.
hUditzf.jpg

3zrd4wlwo3v51.jpg

q9tZGhu.jpg

OwTLP4g.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

4EALlqE.jpg

deb377e96d1e1a35d819b3194a84d9206cf3d968.jpg

630a1e61-46dd-4812-80c8-1563255692b8-P7201.jpg

EUQMAzP.png

Vuleve-De-Tomaso-con-el-P72-2019-4.jpg

My favorite ever DeTomaos/Qvale was the Pantera GTS. I loved it when I got it in "Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3." I don't know too much more about DeTomaso. Seeing this DeTomaso we're debating here, it reminds me a whole lot of one of my all-time favorite race cars- the Ferrari 330/P4. Just like the 330/P4, this car is incredibly gorgeous! This combination of red with bronze(?) wheels looks great. It would also look lovely in a deep blue with gold wheels. Bellissima! Sub-Zero is my call on this Italian beauty.

That interior really doesn't match the rest of the car at all. I do love all the retro swoopy curves on the outside but the inside looks like it was ripped out of a Spyker, and for a car that's supposed to pay homage to a racing prototype it's really out of place. Not that it should be barren and all business in there, but I feel like it should be a bit more restrained and in line with the time period they're theming the rest of the car after.

Definitely high Cool for everything else, though.

It looks more like an homage to Ferrari than to the P70. However, the design is pretty bold with those long sweeping curves and thankfully there exists a version without chrome wheels and for those reasons I voted cool.

As stated above, it's not very reminiscent of the car it's supposedly made as an homage to. But for what it is, it looks very nice and a 700 horsepower V8 attached to a manual gearbox in a mid-engine car is always cool.

Not quite SZ though, the company isn't super well-known and most people you talk to on the street about it would think you're saying "The Tomato".

This one's pretty curvy though so maybe if you painted it bright red it would look like De Tomato.

Last edited:
One of my favourite modern italian super cars, for sure
And the classic DeTomaso combination of a Ford V8 combined with beautiful styling on top of some great craftmanship (I mean, look at that interior!) is always a win in my book.
SZ

Latest Posts

Back