Body Style
: 2-door, 2-seat coupé
Engine: 4.0L flat-six
Power: 503hp
Torque: 374lb-ft
Weight: 1417kg (m)/1435kg (pdk)
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 7-speed PDK dual-clutch
Drivetrain: Rear-engine, rear-wheel-drive
Additional Information: The 992 GT3 without the extraneous aero and "scaffolding" in the back. Nothing more to be said, really.
1DSC03631.jpg

960x0.jpg

2022-porsche-911-gt3-touring-001.jpg

cz22v16od0004_rgb_1.jpg

I think the lower front bumper is kinda wonky, but that's true for the base 992 as well (I do think the base 992's looks better overall). I do like the little moustache on the hood. Of course it is a Porsche, the looks of this are still based off the classic 911 which will never not be cool. Plus this one is one of the higher trim near-supercars and feels just as cool to see around as some Ferraris or Lambos. Easy cool.

No one is as big a fan of modern Porsches as I am. My only deal breaker on this Porsche is the front-end design. It isn't as horrid as Ferrari LaFerrari, but it isn't exactly beautiful either. This car misses my "Sub-Zero" call and instead gets a (strong) Cool. Red and blue look great on this car, and silver is perfect for a Porsche.

I'm sure it is fast and fun to drive, but I haven't cared much for any modern 911 after the 993.

Meh.

I’m not the biggest fan of the new 992-generation 911 models. They’re too big, they have weird vents in the wrong places, the 991 wasn’t the best looking model but it was certainly a lot prettier than the 992.

The 911 Touring is a tasteful way to make a cleaner, go-faster Porsche model, but the extra body colour paint on this 992 iteration just emphasizes all of the ugly vents and creases, so it doesn’t look as good as previous models.

So that’s a meh from me. It’s a good car but it looks bad.

So you want a 911 that's faster than a Carrera S, but you don't want a Turbo, and you'd like a GT3 but it's too track-focused and has wings. Enter the 911 GT3 Touring Package: the suspension is just as hard but the car looks more sleek and refined... from 100 metres away.
Who are you? A nutcase, probably, but that's alright, supercars are for nutcases. Have fun explaining to other drivers that you chose it for its looks and driving experience, and not to save $66k compared to the Turbo.

Back