Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

Body Style: 4-door sedan, 5-door liftback
Engine: 1.5L turbocharged I4, 2.0L VTEC I4
Power: 127-200hp
Torque: 114-177 lb-ft
Weight: 1305-1396kg
Transmission: CVT, 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: front-engine, front-wheel drive
Additional Information: SI model is included in this nomination. The first generation of Civic to not have a coupe or hatchback counterpart, as well as the first Civic not to sell in Japan.
2022-honda-civic-sedan-110-1623810388.jpg

JDPA_2022%20Honda%20Civic%20Touring%20Red%20Sport%20Blue.jpg

2022-honda-civic-si-sedan-102-1638279496.jpg

05-2022-honda-civic-hatchback-japan-market-model-1200x780-632602.jpg

2022-Honda-Civic-Sport-interior-low.jpg

It's a Civic, they're good cars but they're not cool. I think this gen looks good but ultimately it's meh.

Genuinely think it's one of the best looking civics of the 21st century, as well as perhaps the best looking compact sedan on the market, despite it's controversy. This applies for both the 4 and 5 door models. Exterior styling is staid yet modern at the same time, while the interior seems much more premium feeling than its predecessor. The SI seems a bit disappointing given its price and performance specs, but I think it will still find enough buyers.

When I think of lovely Honda Civics, I easily hark to the 1997-ish Civic Type R models. The Civic has been both a more-than-decent average car and a tuning gem throughout its history. I think this new Civic is a very cool looking car. However, pump the brakes on thinking this is going to make you feel famous. If we were debating some performance variant of this car, I may go low Cool. Since this is just the base Civic we're talking about, I'm going Meh because there aren't too many aspects to make it "Uncool" or "Seriously Uncool" to me.

This is the most appealing base-model Civic in years, the front end is how I'd imagine a modern-day version of the fifth-gen Civic to look. With that said, it's going to become very commonplace soon so I'm going Meh.

It's the best looking Civic in ages ... but it's still rather meh. Also its fricking huge these days. It's almost as big as the mk1 Legend! Sorry Honda, must try harder.

I think this car is a tragedy design-wise. The FK8 in my eyes was one of the best looking Civic models in modern times, and seeing the Civic transformed from a design which perfectly fit in with Honda's sharp, aggressive language to an incredibly generic and blocky sedan is painful to me.

So, this is going to be controversial but a fat SU from me.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back