Copying real tracks?

• Thread starter dezzabarks
  • 20 comments
England
Northampton
dezzabarks
Hello all,
Has anyone got close to replicating a real track on the course maker? I love Silverstone on Forza and would love to get something close on GT5. Of course it may come out in a future DLC, but how have you folks done?

Cheers:idea:

Can't be done, the track creator doesn't allow us to fine-tune the terrain and you ALWAYS get some serious elevation changes, even in the Eifel option.

Look what GT5 Randomly Generated lol.
of course its not the same, i tried to make it like a mountain track but yeah actually just the shape looks similar! i actually wanted to make something else lol.

That's awesome! How is it in comparison?

Well i tryed to make it a hard track just as Bathurst is, well but actually just the shape looks similar. still it feels a bit like bathurst but if you wanna try it yourself you can add me and download it!

wow.. SSXRid3R
how can i get a copy of that ,"bathurst" track.. one of my favorites.. ( toca )

my ps3 id is DOK-NONIMUS-

i have a track similar to watkins glen ,but it doesn't really look like it ,however the elevation change is surprisingly similar for the first half

ha- just re-read this post as I was playing with course maker today- did myself a Silverstone approximation. I'll take a pic and you can have a look next time I'm on the PS!

The closest I've had to a real track was the infield at Indianapolis - and the one I had was damn similar, no doubt. Just a couple corners out of it, and it was a shorter course. Two small problems though.

1) It's already in the game normally

b) ...It was on the Alaska Snow theme.

Still, well worth noting. A snow replica of the Indy infield.

OK this is my Silverstone approximation... sort of manages the old start straight, Copse, down to Stowe, last Becketts corner etc.. Have quite a good fast flow like Silverstone and fun to drive.
IMG_0979.jpg

Can anyone take the time to try and recreate my new hometown track: Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas?

I'm willing to send replica's, Nurb-tuned cars, etc. in exchange.

Overview:
b2d8b463-5238-4a58-85da-4dfdb958fe7b.jpg

3D Rendering showing elevation changes:
5616092181_836fbbc9f9.jpg

Track Specs:
Distance - 3.427
Track Width - 39' to 52'
# of Turns: - 20
Elevation Change - 133ft or 40.53m

Can anyone take the time to try and recreate my new hometown track: Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas?

i hope you do make this or something similar it looks awesome.
keep in contact on how it goes :)
and good luck aswell

Yes, I read it after I posted. I'll keep trying and when I complete it I'll rub your nose in it like a dog. Thanks for the rhetorical sarcasm. :dunce:

Well? Have you gotten anywhere closer to make a circuit anything like that one?
We're all waiting to see your awesomeness on manipulation the courser maker to recreate real tracks.

On a separate note...I once managed to create a mirrored version of Trial Mountain. :dopey:

Outside of Toronto is a track built in the late 50's opened in the early 60's named Mosport International. Hosting F1 until late 70's as well as Indy, sports car, can-am and motorcycle events to present day. A storied history indeed. (see Wikipedia)

Made this vesion 14 months ago.
Granted course maker can only produce crude approximations of real tracks, but a feeling of the original layout comes I think when driving it.

Real layout vs. mine

The esses are exaggerated, corners 2 and 3 are not so sweeping and there is a kink (or chicane) in the strait between 10 and 1 turns. My version is a mile or so longer and has 7 more slight turns but that's all coursemaker gives. I find it a fun track to run and have it on share if you want to try.

W. :)

Last edited:
Back