Copyright Strike on Youtube

Silver_Wolf

Nice! Let's do it again when you level up!
Premium
Scotland
Dundee, Scotland
So I don't normally create topics on forums but I am finally getting round to actually having a look at the content/video's I've uploaded
to Youtube over the years and today I discovered something I've not had to deal with before so I'm writing to get some understanding
of the issue.

I uploaded a video of Daily Race C from GT Sport back on 21 May 18 which was a Group 4 race at Nurburgring 24HR, I originally uploaded it
to get some advice on how to improve my driving.

The copyright strike seems to be over the fact that Psychonavigator by Lenny Ibizarre has played at 02:54 in the video so I have gone with the option
to Mute audio but I haven't had this come up with GT Sport before and wondered why this had now appeared, main reason for querying is should I be
worried about channel issues if this were to keep happening?

Here is the full video link:

https://youtu.be/hmR0fz003Fs

Mods please move to correct section if created in wrong part of GT Sport forum, thanks for any comments.

I uploaded a video of a car spinning in the livery editor and it caught the music immediately after I uploaded. Since it's only purpose was to show an example livery for a racing series, I just removed the audio. I have not had this issue with other uploads since I do not have music on while driving.

I don't know whose fault it is but Transmission Mode will still cause copyright claims for certain songs. I've never gotten a copyright strike from this, but the copyright claims means the videos effected cannot be monetized unless the songs listed are removed.
Screenshot_20190708-111235_YouTube.jpg

Ok thanks all for replies, I've removed it for now to resolve the issue but will keep this in mind for future uploads.

Use “Transmission Mode” the game will not play music that can cause problems.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/manual/#!/option/content01

I wish this was true. It will not play music during races that will cause problems. Menu music still gets flagged occasionally. My youtube account is banned from monetization permanently for too many strikes. I've been in Transmission mode for 2 years? It's always menu music.

Here's a snip of my inbox from YouTube for only the last 6 months.

copy_gran.PNG

Just want to add that in the manual it states:
・BGM Playlist: If you select "Transmission Mode", music that may have restrictions regarding online playback will not be played as BGM. If you are broadcasting your gameplay, you will automatically be in "Transmission Mode", even if you did not select it.

clearly that's incorrect.

Use “Transmission Mode” the game will not play music that can cause problems.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/manual/#!/option/content01
The problem is that Transmission Mode still plays Lenny Ibbizare songs for some reason.

Not sure what PD thinking. Next time if you stream, just disable all the music altogether.

We should contact PD about it. It does getting ridiculous.

BGM Playlist: If you select "Transmission Mode", music that may have restrictions regarding online playback will not be played as BGM. If you are broadcasting your gameplay, you will automatically be in "Transmission Mode", even if you did not select it.

clearly that's incorrect.
Except it is correct, however see the above text.

This is a great thread, especially for me as I plan on starting a new & more series YouTube channel soon. I assumed that everything in Transmission Mode was cleared, it's so frustrating that PD included this mode but messed it up. Yet another great idea, badly executed. :ouch:

I'm guessing that a lot of the old menu music was written for them & that they own the copyrights to them. However, it could be that some of the tracks were licensed & the contracts have now run out.

I wish they would simply provide a list of all songs from all GT games that are fully & permanently copyright cleared.

VBR
This is a great thread, especially for me as I plan on starting a new & more series YouTube channel soon. I assumed that everything in Transmission Mode was cleared, it's so frustrating that PD included this mode but messed it up. Yet another great idea, badly executed. :ouch:

I'm guessing that a lot of the old menu music was written for them & that they own the copyrights to them. However, it could be that some of the tracks were licensed & the contracts have now run out.

I wish they would simply provide a list of all songs from all GT games that are fully & permanently copyright cleared.

I am glad this helped you, I too was of the impression it had been sorted but clearly not, I guess the easiest way PD can fix this would be allowing us to actually make a custom playlist of songs or maybe someone needs to give them the heads up that transmission mode's track list needs updated.

I am glad this helped you, I too was of the impression it had been sorted but clearly not...maybe someone needs to give them the heads up that transmission mode's track list needs updated.

I reported it as a bug in the bug report thread & included a link to this thread.

I had big plans for the TM music in my new YT channel, but now those plans are scuppered.

Cant you guys just turn all BGM off?

Of course we can, but that defeats the point of having a TM music feature which is supposed to be copyright cleared.

VBR
If you haven't notice the menu BGM for older GT games are used to be all in-sourced by Japanese musicians (including Makoto before he joined Hospital records), and thus basically no copyright problems. Now in GTSport, thise numbers are only fractions of what it used to be. So nowadays, PD in addition uses licensed, copyrighted music. Variety Lab, Hotel Costes, Stephane Poumpougnac, Mirror System, Lenny Ibizarre, etc.

VBR
Hint: Any soundtrack with Japanese Names for the artist is practically copyright free.

If you haven't notice the menu BGM for older GT games are used to be all in-sourced by Japanese musicians (including Makoto before he joined Hospital records), and thus basically no copyright problems...Hint: Any soundtrack with Japanese Names for the artist is practically copyright free.

I did notice that, however, I'd rather know for sure than simply assume it to be the case. You only need to use one unlicensed track to have a whole video taken down, & for people who are trying to earn a living from their channel, it can be a costly thing.

Back