Corrupt Save File

Greece
Greece
I made a little research before posting but since I still had questions I thought I should post this and ask for help. I own the platinum version of GT4 for the PS2 (Dunno which region Greece belongs to but think it's not a PAL region - correct me if I'm wrong).
I had finished the pro events yesterday. All that remained was the Extreme ones that I had just unlocked and the last endurance event (the Circuit De la Sarthe II for which I was trying to get a Mercedes Sauber). Long story short, I finished the first of the Formula races successfully and then reached the screen that asks you whether you want to go to the next race or leave since the race will still be there after you come back again. I turned off my PS2 since I had stuff to do and when I came back I received that error message informing me that my data is corrupt. It has taken me 11 years to reach this point and yesterday was probably a moment of joy so I really don't feel much like starting from scratch so I wanted to know if there is a way to either get the data fixed (probably by copying it to a new memory card) or do something else.

I made a little research before posting but since I still had questions I thought I should post this and ask for help. I own the platinum version of GT4 for the PS2 (Dunno which region Greece belongs to but think it's not a PAL region - correct me if I'm wrong).
I had finished the pro events yesterday. All that remained was the Extreme ones that I had just unlocked and the last endurance event (the Circuit De la Sarthe II for which I was trying to get a Mercedes Sauber). Long story short, I finished the first of the Formula races successfully and then reached the screen that asks you whether you want to go to the next race or leave since the race will still be there after you come back again. I turned off my PS2 since I had stuff to do and when I came back I received that error message informing me that my data is corrupt. It has taken me 11 years to reach this point and yesterday was probably a moment of joy so I really don't feel much like starting from scratch so I wanted to know if there is a way to either get the data fixed (probably by copying it to a new memory card) or do something else.
Sometime ago there was a PS2 memory card recovery software for corrupt files, but you have to google for more info on that. With PS2 memory card I always backup to another memory card just encase, and sorry to here about your GT4 corrupt file.

Sometime ago there was a PS2 memory card recovery software for corrupt files, but you have to google for more info on that. With PS2 memory card I always backup to another memory card just encase, and sorry to here about your GT4 corrupt file.

Thanks a lot I'll go check it out!

I had the same problem with GT3 gave save. Decided to always backup my GT4 save to a second memory card. Hope the recovery thing works out for you.

Latest Posts

Back