corrupted data

  • Thread starter Thread starter psycho_maniac
  • 18 comments
  • 1,652 views
Messages
28
is there any way to uncorrupt your data. i have a game for gt3 i have 74% done $4,000,000 and alot of cars. is there any way to do this. :mad:
 
i think it got corrupted when i unpluged the memory card when the ps2 was bootin up.
 
it's impossible, you'll have to start all over

Was the game loading when you took it out? if you did it is gone for good.
 
noooooooooooooooooo. are you sure nobody could fix this. ok heres somethin funny. i think it can be fixed cuz when i load it wont load but if i go into file operation instead of a blue square it does show my gt3 square plus it shows how many cars i own and my money. y does it show that and not load?
 
the data could be corrupted, and not deleted so there might be a small problem in the data that screwed it up
 
Ok exactly what happened? Did you take the memory card out when it was still in the PS2 browser screen (the screen w/ the black background that has the options "Browser" and "System Configuration" on it)? If so, then your memory card data should be fine. Only way I see your data getting messed up right there is if the PS2 was loading your system configuration settings and you took the memory card out while it was doing so. However, I don't find that likely. Did you take the memory card out as the game reached the Auto Load screen and started loading your data? You say you didn't but are you sure? Exactly what error are you getting when you try to load your game? Have you tried loading up any other games yet??
 
This happened to me but I had cleverly purchased a second memory card which I used as back-up!:D
 
Call me paranoid, but I have three. On one, I save the game every time. On the other two, I alternate saving. The reason for this is so that if somehow the game saves two corrupt files, I still have one left over that I know is uncorrupted. Also, I never have two cards in at the same time for the fear the a power surge will wipe both out. I also switch between memory slots in case one of those is damaged as well. And finally, I only put the cards in and take them out while the power is on. Even still, this isn't flawless. If I saved a corrupt file onto the alternating card, didn't check it, and then saved a corrupt file onto the every-time card and the other alternating card, I would have all three corrupted. The only way to avoid this would be to load the game from each card I last saved it on when I start and make sure each works. Slightly paranoid? Maybe.
 
I got corupt data during gt2.

Unfortunatly, there is nothing you can do... I am sure of this.

I did mine while I was trying to cheat the system somehow and ended up screwing myself, so before it finished loading, I pulled the card...

Damn that was dumb... I had to start from scratch and that was that.

Good luck, but hey, atleast you will be really good by the time you get back to where you were.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
 
I've got like 3 or so blue blocks that say corrupt data or something i'd have to check. But I don't know what there from, all my save work. They must be from something I rented but I'm not sure.
 
I had 11 corrupted data blocks which you cannot even delete!
 
Back