Corrupted Data.

• Thread starter Lebowski
  • 19 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello all, I've been following the forum for a while now so it's quite sad that my first post is of this nature. This morning I played on GT Sport the same as any other day (owned and played regularly from day 1) and all was fine. No save issues, played the daily at Kyoto and did a couple of GT League races then exited the game and shut the PS4 down. About 3 hours later (2pm UK) I returned to the game and upon start up received the following message on a black screen: Corrupted Data. Cannot load the saved game because it is corrupted. OK. Clicked OK. A black box appears: Corrupted Data was discovered while loading your saved data. Would you like to delete the corrupted save data? No. Yes. I clicked yes, rather bravely I might add! Another box appears, this time with the GT Sport logo in the corner: Gran Turismo Sport. 26/12/2017 209.8MB. This data contains all of your settings. Clicked the box, another screen appears! Do you want To delete this save data? No. Yes. Clicked yes. Deletion complete. OK.
Game then starts up like the first time, screen settings etc. Go through that and thankfully all my credits, garage and liveries are still intact. So I decided to enter the GT4 race at Kyoto again (in a Vantage, not a Megane! ) but another weird message appears: ⚠️ Cannot proceed as BoP could not be retrieved. OK. So once again I exit the game, restart and guess what? Yep, back to the Corrupted Data screen.
Has anyone else had these issues? If so, how did you overcome it? Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Try to reinstall the game or reset the ps4.

If corrupted online yeah..... call Sony i think..... or twitter.

First l've heard of the issue.

Have you tried manually deleting the save files from your console?
Settings > Storage > Save Data.
2 files for GT in there, copy them to the cloud or USB, then delete them.
Then reconnect in-game and see if it will download the server save.

If that fails you could try the Rebuild Database Safemode function.
https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...-system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/
Might help.

Ok thanks will try that tomorrow. Will be gutted if nothing can be done as I have over a hundred liveries, level 40 and most achievments completed!

Ok thanks will try that tomorrow. Will be gutted if nothing can be done as I have over a hundred liveries, level 40 and most achievments completed!
In that case, run the Rebuild Database function overnight.
Depending on how much data there is on your console it can take a while.
It's perfectly fine to do, nothing will be deleted in the process.

If it was me, l would go in-game and delete the cache and quit game, then upload/copy save files and then delete, then rebuild database, then cross fingers loading up the game that it downloads the server save and nothing is corrupted.

Last edited:
With PS-Plus there should be a copy of your data in the cloud, copy that to your hard drive before anything else.

Sadly GT-Sport is the one and ONLY game i have encountered on the PS4 that doesn't keep all data in the SAVE files. I tried to move it to another PS4, it does NOT transfer your Library. A total mess if you ask me :-/
If he's set for auto uploads.
But if it is and he's put the console into Rest mode, and it's the save that's the problem, then it might just be going around in circles.

Worth a shot though if he has a save there.
Anything is worth a shot at the moment it seems.

I'm very pleased to say it has worked! Thank you very much for the extremely helpfull advice, I wouldn't have had a clue that that function existed and having the cloud backup of course made all the difference. The game loads instantly, all menus are loading fine and I can get back into Sport mode. The only minor things are all my race and scapes photos have gone as well as my replays and some car images aren't showing in the garage but those are minor compared with not even being able to start the game.
Once again, massive thanks for the help.

Sorry for your lost scape photos and replays.

For any case - as your pictures concerns, you can save them from now on to an *external storage device, for not getting into a similar situation in the future.

* FAT32 or exFAT formatted.

Have fun with GT Sport!

Last edited:
Don't know whether it's linked to my recent issue or something that has happened to others in the game but after doing a few successul sport mode races, my last group 4 had me at driver rating B and SR blue A, so I would have soon made it to S. Entered the GTR one make event, qualified well and then when it came to the screen showing your qualifying experience I noticed I was rated D-E ! . Now I can't stress enough that between my last race I had entered nothing to cause that happening. It's very annoying as the standard of play is somewhere between excitable 4 year olds and deranged chimpanzees. It's utter carnage! Going to enter races with no qualifying tomorrow and just plod at the back for clean races then once I'm back to SR B, I will start driving competitively to get the driver rating back up.

Wow... I had this problem today. Lost all my not uploaded content. Lucky me liveries are uploaded when you save them. Better start taking pictures again!

I'm very pleased to say it has worked! Thank you very much for the extremely helpfull advice, I wouldn't have had a clue that that function existed and having the cloud backup of course made all the difference. The game loads instantly, all menus are loading fine and I can get back into Sport mode. The only minor things are all my race and scapes photos have gone as well as my replays and some car images aren't showing in the garage but those are minor compared with not even being able to start the game.
Once again, massive thanks for the help.
So you just rebuild the data base?

Hello all, I've been following the forum for a while now so it's quite sad that my first post is of this nature. This morning I played on GT Sport the same as any other day (owned and played regularly from day 1) and all was fine. No save issues, played the daily at Kyoto and did a couple of GT League races then exited the game and shut the PS4 down. About 3 hours later (2pm UK) I returned to the game and upon start up received the following message on a black screen: Corrupted Data. Cannot load the saved game because it is corrupted. OK. Clicked OK. A black box appears: Corrupted Data was discovered while loading your saved data. Would you like to delete the corrupted save data? No. Yes. I clicked yes, rather bravely I might add! Another box appears, this time with the GT Sport logo in the corner: Gran Turismo Sport. 26/12/2017 209.8MB. This data contains all of your settings. Clicked the box, another screen appears! Do you want To delete this save data? No. Yes. Clicked yes. Deletion complete. OK.
Game then starts up like the first time, screen settings etc. Go through that and thankfully all my credits, garage and liveries are still intact. So I decided to enter the GT4 race at Kyoto again (in a Vantage, not a Megane! ) but another weird message appears: ⚠️ Cannot proceed as BoP could not be retrieved. OK. So once again I exit the game, restart and guess what? Yep, back to the Corrupted Data screen.
Has anyone else had these issues? If so, how did you overcome it? Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Hi i lost all my cars and tryed to get the save back from ps+ but all i have is my lvl pictures prettty mucheverything exept my cars any idee how to get them back ?

Hi i lost all my cars and tryed to get the save back from ps+ but all i have is my lvl pictures prettty mucheverything exept my cars any idee how to get them back ?
You can’t. Client-side save data cannot overwrite server-side data.

Contact Playstation Support in your country, and they will help you. The online storage save and also your USB save are useless now, because your backup save to your online storage and on your USB will not overwrite the server-side data.

Back