Corvette Convertible (C1) '54 w/ Silverado SST Concept description in Online Dealer

  • Thread starter Thread starter D00msday
  • 14 comments
  • 3,151 views
Messages
492
United States
Florida, U.S.
Messages
JojoOfTeDoomsday
-I didn't find a thread about this when searching, in case there already is one-

I was browsing the Online Dealership and wanted to take a look at the ol' '54 Vette. As I was reading the description of it, I noticed it was about the Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept, instead. I went back to the Silverado I had, and sure enough it was the same description as the '54 Vette has in the Online Dealership.

How could PD make a flaw like that... A car is not a truck nor a truck is not a car. Unless it was intentional as being another Easter Egg...
 
I just found this in my used car dealer and its the same way =(
 
Yeah it's been that way since the game was released. I'm surprised they haven't fix this yet and there are other messed up car descriptions too. I guess Kaz isn't much of a "perfectionist" as many people say lol. I did think it was funny though.
 
Many were copy paste jobs I think. I have seen a few with looping sentences repeating themselves like misplaced copy snips and others with glaring misspelling and grammar errors. A little proof reading would have gone a long way.
 
This was also the case in the PSP game.
 
Is this random? I have the proper description on my one and always have.
 
Is this random? I have the proper description on my one and always have.

Me too. I have the original, non-updated GT5 and the descriptions are correct. The '54 Vette has the correct description, as does the Silverado. I guess one of the updates caused the descriptions to get messed up. I might submit a picture of the correct description if I find the 'vette in the UCD.
 
My GT5 is fully updated and I have no problems with any car descriptions (yet).
 
The Holden Commorodore has a good one where the description claims it did 15.00 km in 6 days to win a round Australia race.
 
SL65 AMG has SL55 AMG's description.
 
Mine is like that too... noticed it last night.
 
Yep, the 1954 Corvette has the wrong description altogether, & has since the game was released (US version). No excuse for why PD hasn't fixed this in one of the updates.

The 2001 ZO6 is also incorrectly mislabled as a 2000. Chevy didn't start selling the ZO6 until '01.

And the Blue w/Red & Silver stripes (the Z16 package) 2004 ZO6 didn't weigh the same as the other 2004 ZO6's as it came from the factory with a carbon fiber hood.


Apparently PD didn't spend much time on the American cars, I guess they were too busy adding yet another Skyline & S2000. :crazy:
 
Maybe its because the '54 Vette has more offroad capabilities than an ugly Silverado SST Concept ? :)
 
WalkerInTN
No excuse for why PD hasn't fixed this in one of the updates.

I'm guessing their excuse is they couldn't care less. I wouldn't either. Much more important things I'd be worrying about in GT5 if I was them. Why do you all care so much that the description is right anyway? You already know more about the car than anything GT5 could teach you. It's a dumb mistake sure but it's such an insignificant part of the game!
 
The game is full of typo's so much so that I don't pay much attention to them now -McLaren driver Louis Hamilton for example...
 
Back