Corvette Gr.4 on Race A this week?!

• Thread starter Racer93
  • 29 comments
Brazil
Brazil
Hello everyone, this is my 1st post on GTPlanet although i did check here regularly, so please forgive me if I'm doing something wrong.

A really strange bug happened today on daily Race A at East Suzuka. I had already done a couple races and then I decided to do a last one. I used a Skyline R32, some people used RX-7, other used Impreza 22B or Skyline R34, but what surprised me is that someone was using a Corvette Gr.4. How's that even possible?! A bug like that has ever happened to you guys? Do you guys think he was trying to race at Autopolis on Race B and the game put him on Race A by mistake?

I still managed to win the race, fortunately, but guess who made the fastest lap? Yeah, the guy with Corvette. He finished 2nd, btw... I had the replay saved but, unfortunately, I deleted it by mistake when I was adding it to my favorites. So the only proof I have is a cell pic I took (everything is on portuguese):

Attachments

• 20190501_182126.jpg
    20190501_182126.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 65
Welcome to GT Planet! :gtpflag:

A good (if somewhat baffling!) first post too. I've no idea what's going on, since I don't play online, but certainly it's worth trying to find out what's going on here.

Obrigado.

Waaay back there was an issue with the Manufacturer Series where people in the Gr.3 race were thrown into the Gr.4 one. Perhaps the same thing is happening?

It's probably just a visual glitch where the game loads the wrong "skin".
The FL time of 58.2 in a Gr.4 Corvette is very slow but seems right for a N300, no?

That's a possibility, but now the question becomes "why does it actually say Corvette C7 Gr.4?"
It seems that the Vette was actually in-game here. Does PD have a bug filing or reporting system setup out of the game?

A long time ago this sort of thing happened to someone on here. They ended up in a one make race in a different car to everyone else. I think they tried to enter another race but the game put them in the wrong one, so I wouldn't rule that out as a possibility.

The FL time of 58.2 in a Gr.4 Corvette is very slow but seems right for a N300, no?
I kind of doubt that. The top 10 stars in EMEA start at 57.6. A 58.2 in race conditions is a pretty tall order even for those guys unless they're just running away uncontested. And this is a DR/D driver. :odd:

@Racer93 welcome to GTPlanet! :gtpflag:

I kind of doubt that. The top 10 stars in EMEA start at 57.6. A 58.2 in race conditions is a pretty tall order even for those guys unless they're just running away uncontested. And this is a DR/D driver. :odd:

@Racer93 welcome to GTPlanet! :gtpflag:
There's no strong slipstream in qualifying though.

What's more likely; a 58.2 in an N300 with strong slipstream or 58.2 in a Gr.4 Corvette with strong slipstream?

There's no strong slipstream in qualifying though.

What's more likely; a 58.2 in an N300 with strong slipstream or 58.2 in a Gr.4 Corvette with strong slipstream?
You have a point. Guess I'll have to test. :)

Edit: Results are in:

Corvette C7 Gr.4 on RH tires: 51.649
Corvette C7 Gr.4 on SH tires: 56.115
My own Q time in the Skyline R32: 57.727

I don't know what to conclude :lol:

Last edited:

When it happened in Race B it was quite clearly an R8 GT3, not just a wrong skin, the lap times + gaps correlated this. Also consider that there is only N300, Gr.4 and Gr.2 this week = there is quite clearly some form of hack or cheat that's been figured out.

When it happened in Race B it was quite clearly an R8 GT3, not just a wrong skin, the lap times + gaps correlated this.
Do you have any evidence to back that up?
Also consider that there is only N300, Gr.4 and Gr.2 this week = there is quite clearly some form of hack or cheat that's been figured out.
It could be that the game uses the skin and car info of the current car when registering for the event.
This has happened in earlier Gran Turismo games.

I'm not excluding the possibility but since no concrete evidence is available I'd say it's far from "quite clear".

With a D rated driver in the Gr4 Vette but forced to use the Sports Hard tyres it's possible they'd run that pace in the race, especially if other cars were holding them up.

Shame there is no replay, would have helped with a lot of the ifs.

After checking his KP profile I'm staring to think he actually was in the Gr.4 Corvette.
That was his only FL from 114 races and his K' speed score is 12.73!

Hmmmm.

Do you know how the system gets the K‘Speeed Score?
I know the higher the better, how are the mathmatics of it?

Do you know how the system gets the K‘Speeed Score?
I know the higher the better, how are the mathmatics of it?
- K' Speed Score: 100 - ( 10 * average of % gap of those best times)
If your 'K Speed Score is 80: (100 - 80)/10 = 2% meaning your Q times* are, on average, 102% of the fastest time set in your region.

*Average of the times used in the calculation

Last edited:
Do you have any evidence to back that up?

It could be that the game uses the skin and car info of the current car when registering for the event.
This has happened in earlier Gran Turismo games.

I'm not excluding the possibility but since no concrete evidence is available I'd say it's far from "quite clear".

The pace of the car in question said otherwise in regards to it being a 'skin'...

After checking his KP profile I'm staring to think he actually was in the Gr.4 Corvette.
That was his only FL from 114 races and his K' speed score is 12.73!

Hmmmm.

I'm 100% sure he was driving a Corvette Gr.4, I watched the replay before I accidentally deleted it and his car was definitely a Corvette. And his pace was way better than mine and everyone's else on his best lap :)

If this is a hack we need details., Papa needs to raise his DR.... JK, cheating is bad,

upload_2019-5-2_13-29-25.jpeg

In all seriousness I doubt it's a cheat or hack. Vegard said he check his KPrime and he only had the one fastest lap, I imagine if it was a hack he'd have done this all night especially since he didn't even win this race, if he could have he for sure would have given it another go to get the win.

I imagine it's just some crazy bug where he entered race B and somehow wound up in race A

I'm 100% sure he was driving a Corvette Gr.4, I watched the replay before I accidentally deleted it and his car was definitely a Corvette. And his pace was way better than mine and everyone's else on his best lap :)

You know the PS4 captures the last 15/30 mins of gameplay, so even if you deleted the replay, you could have just clicked the share button and saved the video capture. Not that it matters now, but I’m just saying.

You know the PS4 captures the last 15/30 mins of gameplay, so even if you deleted the replay, you could have just clicked the share button and saved the video capture. Not that it matters now, but I’m just saying.
Yeah, that's a good idea, it's a shame I completely forgot about it when I was playing lol.

It's kinda funny how the more features they put into these systems and devices, the more likely we're all apt to forget them.

As others had suggested if this were a hack his account stats would most likely reflect that. Kudos to whoever looked them up.

This is one helluva bug.

A long time ago this sort of thing happened to someone on here. They ended up in a one make race in a different car to everyone else. I think they tried to enter another race but the game put them in the wrong one, so I wouldn't rule that out as a possibility.
I remember someone posting that a Fugu Z was in a one-make race for Minis, or something like that.

Latest Posts

Back