Corvette Grand Sport - why it is a seperate car to (normal) Corvette?

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 6 comments
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
Why PD made Corvette as a seperate car, rather than a sub-variant? I mean, PD did it on the Miatas (viz. VR Limited A/Mica Merlot), but why they did not do the same on the Corvette GS? (If that happened, the Grand Sport would look like this: Grand Sport/Admiral Blue Metallic) :confused:

Because the Grand Sport had differences from the regular C4 Corvette. Not many (and most of them had to do with the interior), but they were there.

Because the Grand Sport had differences from the regular C4 Corvette. Not many (and most of them had to do with the interior), but they were there.

I guess, from the exterior, the car color/texture? :ouch:

(Stat-wise, both cars, IIRC, had same weight and power 💡)

This was already in a different thread in the GT2 forum, IIRC. The Grand Sport has a shorter wheelbase and fatter tyres, but i'm just stating that from memory. I think that in the end the regular C4 was faster after letting it drive around by a hacked AI-driver.

This was already in a different thread in the GT2 forum, IIRC. The Grand Sport has a shorter wheelbase and fatter tyres, but i'm just stating that from memory. I think that in the end the regular C4 was faster after letting it drive around by a hacked AI-driver.

That was in GT2 though; GT1 has VERY different driving physics than GT2's... Personally, I always felt that the Grand Sport 'Vette was the better car than the regular C4 in GT1.

That was in GT2 though; GT1 has VERY different driving physics than GT2's... Personally, I always felt that the Grand Sport 'Vette was the better car than the regular C4 in GT1.

True on that part. I meant it more in the way of hard facts. I don't think PD would make up data in GT2 while they used the same data for both cars in GT1. I'll check it out in a bit, will edit when I know.

EDIT: I guess i'm totally wrong on this part, my apologies. After writing everything down in the specs section, I found the following:

C4 '96 Coupe:

Length: 4564 MM
Width: 1869 MM
Heigth: 1212 MM
Track F.:1480 MM
Track R.: 1520 MM
Wheelbase:2657 MM
Mass: 1460 KG
Output: 330 HP/5800 RPM
Torque: 47.1 KMG/4500 RPM
Double Wishbones on both front and rear
Tyres F.: 245/45 '17
Tyres R.: 315/35 '17
Displacement: 5665 CC
Engine Type: OHV V8
Aspiration: Normal

C4 '96 Grand Sport:
Length: 4564 MM
Width: 1869 MM
Height: 1212 MM
Track F.: 1480 MM
Track R.:1520 MM
Wheelbase:2657 MM
Mass: 1460 MM
Output: 330 HP/5800 RPM
Torque: 47.1 KGN/4500 RPM
Double Wishbones on both front and rear.
Tyre F.: 245/45 '17
Tyre R.: 315/35 '17
Displacement: 5665 CC
Engine type: OHV V8
Aspiration: Normal.

As you can see, there's no difference between the two cars on their specs list. I'm not sure if it's really like this, or if PD was lazy and just copied the C4's list for the Grand Sport. Maybe someone can look into the game files to see how the cars differ and which one is truely faster. I can't do this, because i'm not a hacker.

Last edited:
Probably the company representatives felt their showroom in the game was too empty, and so a quick effort was made to artificially pad it a bit.

Back