Could someone please fix the huayra!

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 28 comments
Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Chameleon9000
Please someone help me with it! it spins WAY to easily... even on race softs and everything i just cant drive it! in fact EVERY supercar that i have driven suffers from the same thing! Please help! if there is a quick and easy fix to this please tell me! car is the huayra 15'th anni fully tuned

Please someone help me with it! it spins WAY to easily... even on race softs and everything i just cant drive it! in fact EVERY supercar that i have driven suffers from the same thing! Please help! if there is a quick and easy fix to this please tell me! car is the huayra 15'th anni fully tuned

First off there are a few threads already about this on what to do, either tips on the Huayra directly or just MR cars in general.

For the Huayra I applied what I did with the F40, and here are some ways you can do it.

1. (Suggested) Throttle Control and make your inputs extremely carefully, these cars are precision precision precision. Its basically doing open heart surgery with a razor sharp toothpick, you gotta be careful, one slip up and it will not forgive you. Stay light on your throttle never fully depressing it during a turn, and be very slight with your turn, slow is fast.

2. Tire Switching. Go rear Racing Hard/Medium/Soft and front do Sport Hard/Medium/Soft. It becomes an average car, idk why it does, but it makes it not slip or slide with this. (kinda odd because your rear slips out so idk why having crap tires in the front makes it not slip out?)

3. Weight Distribution. Reduce the weight to stage 3, then add some ballast to even it back out, and balance it for perfect 50/50 distribution. IDK what the huayra's weight was, but the F40's was 40-60 where IRL it was 50-50. Setting it to 50-50 made it more controllable. If its already at 50-50 put some more on the front.

4. De-tuning. Obviously yours is fully tuned, but taking some power off might help, nobody drove a 1000hp supercar through a corner and thought, "that was easy".

5. Suspension tuning, adjust your camber angles and your shocks and either loosen up on one side and strengthen em the other. No exact tutorial because I haven't tuned the Huayra I just drove it very gently.

All in all, the best one would be to learn the car, supercars is well a super car! You don't hear stories of people sliding and losing control of their Prius and dying. Its generally the Lambo's Ferrari's and Porsche's (RIP Paul Walker).

tried everything... and yeah ok it stopped the daft amount of spinning... but now its handling sucks! im pretty pissed at the moment. this is completely uncalled for. why did PD have to change what was perfectly fine to start with. is there ANYONE who could provide me with a tune? i myself suck at tuning, so id be greatfull if someone helped me out here?

First, let me understand. What was that was perfectly fine and PD changed?

What is your input method? Wheel or controller?

tried everything... and yeah ok it stopped the daft amount of spinning... but now its handling sucks! im pretty pissed at the moment. this is completely uncalled for. why did PD have to change what was perfectly fine to start with. is there ANYONE who could provide me with a tune? i myself suck at tuning, so id be greatfull if someone helped me out here?

I tuned the Huayra this morning and heres what worked for me.

Lower the LSD and as I said give it a 50-50 weight dist. That should fix the problem due to the engine being in the rear.

My official tune with stock weight distribution, is raise the ride height in the front up a bit, this should induce understeer because the Huayra has rampant spinning and oversteer if your too hard on it, so a nice balance. For the springs make the front very tight, about 15ish maybe? And the rear springs softer than that. Adjust your front and rear camber a little bit so it corners better. (about 1 or 2 ticks). In your LSD lower your torque and acceleration sensitivity along with braking sensitivity. The Huayra jumps at you so this should take it down a notch. I'm not giving you exact numbers because I don't remember them lol, but I am giving you the general direction of what to tune and in which way.

This may or may not work for you, as the best tune is not someone else's but your own custom made one, because that fits your driving style the best.

Unfortunately, you might have to change the driving style with these supercars. Fast and full wheel turns on corners will actually make you slower than precise and slight acceleration inputs.

I tuned the Huayra this morning and heres what worked for me.

Lower the LSD and as I said give it a 50-50 weight dist. That should fix the problem due to the engine being in the rear.

My official tune with stock weight distribution, is raise the ride height in the front up a bit, this should induce understeer because the Huayra has rampant spinning and oversteer if your too hard on it, so a nice balance. For the springs make the front very tight, about 15ish maybe? And the rear springs softer than that. Adjust your front and rear camber a little bit so it corners better. (about 1 or 2 ticks). In your LSD lower your torque and acceleration sensitivity along with braking sensitivity. The Huayra jumps at you so this should take it down a notch. I'm not giving you exact numbers because I don't remember them lol, but I am giving you the general direction of what to tune and in which way.

This may or may not work for you, as the best tune is not someone else's but your own custom made one, because that fits your driving style the best.

Unfortunately, you might have to change the driving style with these supercars. Fast and full wheel turns on corners will actually make you slower than precise and slight acceleration inputs.
Ok that is realy usefull. like REALY usefull, but unfortunately nothing i try can make it handle better... let me try one more thing before i start crying... but could you be more specific? like i said im terrible at tuning.

EDIT: im am now crying my eyes out... IN HAPPINESS!!!!!!!! IT WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! IT DOESNT SPIN AT ALL ANYMORE! AND IT HANDLES OK! thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
okay heres my exact setup for the Huayra.

Tires: Racing Hards or Sport Softs

Ride Height: Front 80, Rear 65

Racing Brakes: 5/5

Spring Rate: Front 11.4 Rear 8.2

Dampers(compression and Extension) 4/4

Anti Roll Bars: 4/4

Camber: Front 1.5, Rear 1

Toe Angle: Front .15, Rear .10

LSD
Torque: 7

Acceleration: 36

Braking: 16

Body
Weight Reduction Stage 3

120 Kg ballast Weight

-50 Ballast Position for perfect 50/50 balance

Test Run On Apricot Racetrack

Tires: Comfort Hard

Timed: 1:32

No loss of control or slippage when entering corners. Word of caution I recommend is lowering your torque even lower than recommended or shortshifting, especially from 1st to 2nd gear. The turbos spool up so fast that the power will break the rear grip quite easily. So shift earlier, and as mentioned before don't take turns full throttle, no one does that. Take it gently, then blast it into the straights.

This setup should let you brake in a railroad straight line. And no more swerving or spinning when entering corners.

If you do spin, its probably too much throttle into a corner.

okay heres my exact setup for the Huayra.

*Tune*

No loss of control or slippage when entering corners. Word of caution I recommend is lowering your torque even lower than recommended or shortshifting, especially from 1st to 2nd gear. The turbos spool up so fast that the power will break the rear grip quite easily. So shift earlier, and as mentioned before don't take turns full throttle, no one does that. Take it gently, then blast it into the straights.

This setup should let you brake in a railroad straight line. And no more swerving or spinning when entering corners.

If you do spin, its probably too much throttle into a corner.

Does this tune work with the anniversary edition or just the standard car? I have noticed a few differences between the two models on some tunes.

Does this tune work with the anniversary edition or just the standard car? I have noticed a few differences between the two models on some tunes.

The thing with the anniversary edition is a slight hp ugrade, thats for all of them , a little more hp and thats it. It should work, but it has about a 5% chance of slipping or losing control easier. So I suggest lower your LSD settings more.

Sorry for the double post, but I fiddled and found a tune that works even better with the Huayra. You have to flip some settings.

Huayra Sports Soft Tires

Suspension:
Height Front 65/ Rear 81

Spring Front 8.45/Rear 13.4

Dampers both of them 7/7

Anti Roll Bars 5/5

Camber: 1.5 Front/ 0 Rear

Toe Angle -.10 Front/ .10 Rear

Brake Balance: 3/5

Drivetrain:
Torque:5

Acceleration:12

Braking: 24

No mods at all, weight distribution is stock.

This tune is for a stock Huayra with oil change. This one lets you attack corners with ease at faster speeds than the tune above and no chance for slippage, even when you try to force the car to powerslide it will be harder.

Downsides is that the speed on the straights will lose to the tune above. This tune is for those that have trouble controlling it, this should "tame" the car and let you kill corners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double post, but I fiddled and found a tune that works even better with the Huayra. You have to flip some settings.

Huayra Sports Soft Tires

Suspension:
Height Front 65/ Rear 81

Spring Front 8.45/Rear 13.4

Dampers both of them 7/7

Anti Roll Bars 5/5

Camber: 1.5 Front/ 0 Rear

Toe Angle -.10 Front/ .10 Rear

Brake Balance: 3/5

Drivetrain:
Torque:5

Acceleration:12

Braking: 24

No mods at all, weight distribution is stock.

This tune is for a stock Huayra with oil change. This one lets you attack corners with ease at faster speeds than the tune above and no chance for slippage, even when you try to force the car to powerslide it will be harder.

Downsides is that the speed on the straights will lose to the tune above. This tune is for those that have trouble controlling it, this should "tame" the car and let you kill corners.
Is this for the Huorya '11 or '13? Or does that even make a difference?

Edit: Just tried on the 2011 and even though I have all the weight saving mods installed, your tune makes the car better to drive with SS tires than the default tunes with RS! Beautiful.

Last edited:
For a modified version, that tune still throws the car off track easily >.< it's better though by a long shot.

@andy - test run on apricot hill on comfort hard? Really!? You're some kind of tune genius if that's correct!

From what I can gather from doing 10% ds3 laps of the time I've played so far, the physics engine is harder to operate with the controller. This game now plays so well with a wheel but in the faster cars it's very hard with the pad without tuning. It's good that you can adjust things, though, but i suspect only the hardcore will (or just use SRF....)

I appreciate your comments on my tune, I actually used that tune on the FXX, and because both are MR and tail happy at times, I applied the same settings but on a smaller scale and it worked. I recommend you guys use Sports tires cause idk why I wrote comfort hard, they were actually comfort softs but yeah, the second tune is more of a controllable one.
The first tune is more of a sacrifice as you have to balance your car with ballast

Dear Andy0a, i tested your second tune of Huayra, the car is better but is oversitter, and that's the problem.
Huayra stock 5/10 Huayra with your tune 7.75/10
Thanks from France.

I'm on it since 2 days but no settings even extreme settings to take out this vice. The only thing i did that was OK was running one grip less front tires... But this is not a solution... Still working on the car.

ber
Dear Andy0a, i tested your second tune of Huayra, the car is better but is oversitter, and that's the problem.
Huayra stock 5/10 Huayra with your tune 7.75/10
Thanks from France.

Is it oversteer? I left that on so it could help me plow through the corners, I actually turn in with no gas, then apply some throttle and let the rear break out so I can sorta "drift" through corners, its a little bit faster than taking the corner slow.

If you want to minimize the oversteer, I can recommend applying harder spring settings to both sides while keeping the rear springs tighter. The rear springs are what controls the spinning. Apply some more camber and get the toe angle a little bit more increased.

I'm happy that at least its better, but if you want me to set up a tune, you need to tell me your driving preference, my tunes are what works best for me, because I know my driving style and my preference.

Tell me about your style and I can adjust my tune (how fast do you take corners? throttle control? which steer can you control more? under or oversteer? things like that).

Am I the only one that didn't have a problem with the Huayra? :confused:

See I don't really have any problems with the cars, exception being the F40, but I like to tune to cut off race times and lap times, most cars its not the manner of the car, its the driver of the car. Sometimes you just want to cut the work out of learning the car and make the car adapt to you.

Spring tightening, ride height, camber and toe angles.
If you mentioned a direction he could actually use this information.
Spring Tightening? The front? The back? Both?
Ride height? What about it?
Camber? What about it?
Toe angles? What about them?

If you mentioned a direction he could actually use this information.
Spring Tightening? The front? The back? Both?
Ride height? What about it?
Camber? What about it?
Toe angles? What about them?

Well not to be rude, but I have made 2 posts before hand specifically what amount I tuned it to, the Huayra suffers from oversteer when entering corners, and these tunes mitigate them to an extent.

If he wanted a specific tune, I would need a car and tires, along with some details on his driving style or preference.

Generally though for oversteer, tighten the rear, while front is a few digits off, (15 rear, 11-13 front)
Ride Height Higher rear and smaller front
Camber Usually 1 or 2.0 in front or somewhere in between and 0-1.0 for rear
Toe Angles are usually default at .20 or .10 for rear in most sports cars.
Set the toe in front to -.20 to -.10 and rear keep in positives.

So you want to have more camber on the front than rear, to reduce oversteer?

(I'm just asking, you're free to believe what you like)

I know thats what the GT6 informational points say about the camber angles on the front. They said the same thing on ride height (higher front than rear will reduce oversteer and induce more understeer). I tried that, and its like GT6 lied about what you could do. I found that by switching the values it becomes the way I wanted it. The tuning is hard to set to fit someones driving preference whom I don't know. I try my best though and your welcome to use it or not.

The OP said my tune worked along with another person, and the camber was more on the front than the rear.

Its weird though, with GT6 physics, if your rear is stepping out, IRL you would use negative camber on the rear so as to corner easier, but apparently in GT6 its the other way around, so maybe the physics works differently for some aspects.

To be clear, I'm not asking your tune to work for me, I'm asking you to clarify what you're saying, that's all.

TBH I hadn't tried backwards camber, I just fiddled with it as usual. I'll give that a shot asap. I'll have to re-drive this Huayra to see if I missed something too.

Nah I'm not having any issues or beef with you, but my first part was a response to someone asking about Aerodynamics reducing oversteer, so I wanted to help him out.

I'm being completely cordial, but yeah try out the backwards camber. I saw many posts doing the same thing to the FXX and the tune worked for them. Don't really listen to what the ingame info tells you about adjustments in suspension, most of the time its false and the other way around.

Back