Could there be a Director Mode in GT's future?

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 9 comments
Germany
Germany
KiroKai
KiroKai
I've had this idea for a while, could GT7/future GTs have a director mode to create our own films? What I'm thinking of are camera controls similiar to Photomode to create moving shots instead of single images. We could show highlights of our last race (or record entire races from custom angles), admire the details of cars (similiar to Photo Travel), perhaps even create entire trailers like PD (like GTAV's Director Mode). Even with the same limits as Photomode the possibilities would be endless. It'd all blend in well with PS4's share factory too. That's why it seems like a very straight forward thought to me, yet I've never seen it discussed here and couldn't find any posts, so I made this.

PD are excellent at creating trailer art and have done so for many years for many automotive clients, the recent Vision GT trailers are just part of their portfolio. Kaz originally wanted to be a movie maker (iirc, can't find an explicit source right now) and iterated in his AMA: "Gran Turismo actually really reflects my personal interests — cars, photography, and video/film." So the drive to try and include this is probably there.

We've had reality inspired graphics and cinematic replays in the series from the start, and have had photomode since GT4. PD have been pioneers in fields focused on visual aspects, so wouldn't this be the next logical step? As films connect audio and visual it'd be a perfect showcase for GT7's new sound engine, assuming that'll happen.

This isn't really a feature suggestion, I'm sure PD considered all this themselves already. I'm interested in discussing if we might see it, or not. Personally I think there's many arguments to include it other than development time, but what do you think?

YES YES YES

Someone finally said it!

100% behind this suggestion.

If we get 60FPS replays then it could also open up a world of possibility.

One thing I missed from GT on the PS2 was the cinematic replay that worked with the replay bgm in order to create a nice lively replay feature.

I remember mentioning something like this some time ago. Only I called it a "Replay Editor" and would be inspired by the replay editor in PAIN, a PSN exclusive game.

Back