Could this be a alternative to c-spec?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Willfred_1
  • 17 comments
  • 1,368 views

would it be a good alternative?

  • Yes

    Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No

    Votes: 6 24.0%

  • Total voters
    25
Messages
2,551
United Kingdom
somerset, England
Messages
Willfred_1
Instead of large scale maps of city's and towns. why not map of some of the worlds best driving roads?
For instance a alpine mountain road or a Japanese mountain pass. This would mean that the PS3 memory would not limit the map.
And it could really push the GT series above all the other simulator games as im not aware of any other game doing this.
 
Whats C-Spec ???
EDIT: sorry stupid question just re read it and what about city's going into the mountain road ect or vise versa mountain road going into a city
 
Last edited:
California Highway 1!
 
I thought of this, too, but it seems to far-fetched. Would be amazing, just not realistic. It's just too good to be true. We may see it happen in a decade with other games or even possibly GT. I say a decade, because think about how far games have come along since 10 years ago.

Whats C-Spec ???
EDIT: sorry stupid question just re read it and what about city's going into the mountain road ect or vise versa mountain road going into a city

C-Spec has been mentioned by Kaz as Free Roam, basically.
 
Route 66 Chicago to LA
 
Not like that. But maybe someday tomorrow morning after evening.
 
They should add a testing course like the courses they do on real cars to test suspension and hill climbs. Lol.
 
Love the C-Spec idea. Could even do Cannonball Runs across USA and/or Europe.

Could even be done like a huge rally event, in large stages between cities, but on public roads. Online multiplayer would be unbelieveable for such a long-term event.

Or even just a basic free-roam, but on a large-scale and with map detail as close to real life as possible.

Whichever way C-spec may go, it would have to retain 'realism' in every way possible so as to keep GT 'The real driving simulator'.


Edit: To answer the OP, yes I think that suggestion would be a good alternative if larger scale maps are an issue.
 
I think the best C-Spec would be track days.
Large areas would take PD ages to complete...
 
I had a discussion about this with my bro.. how awesome it would be to fly down the highway with an FGT.. kinda like that movie "Driven" I don't think GT5 wants to encourage street racing though.
 
I would love to see some sort of an extensive map like in burnout. I would love to get a chance of a really free drive as in burnout but with the specs of GT5, even without anybody else in it.
 
I think they should add something like Bonneville online to try and get the best top speed
 
Imagine all the terrain and road data streaming from the net. We already have a world view with Google and other apps pulling satellite data. Now just have the game build the roads and textures similar to the area you are in. The roads could curve to follow the real roads and the elevation data could keep you moving up and down as you would in real life. You probably will not get data like off camber, gravel or surface grip changes, but I see it as the future.

As chip makers improve on how fast the processors can compile the data and video cards can render it, we will see something similar soon. Flight simulators cover the globe with amazing detail in a few areas with a very generic detail in the other 95% of the globe. More detail will be available as our storage mediums grow to ever higher storage capacity.

If you dream it, it will come ;)
 
I think they should add something like Bonneville online to try and get the best top speed

The salt soaks up some of your horse power so you wouldn't reach your true top speed. What it offers is virtually unlimited flat surface area in any direction you might turn to. And if you find yourself in trouble you won't hurt anybody else while cruising along at 200+ mph :D
 
what I was thinking was like a point to point map where its just one road that's about no more than 16/17 miles so the best bit of the road could be mapped it makes it more reasonable
and who ever said it could be a decade they obviously haven't heard about the new for speed where you race across america apparently being released in the fall this year.
because of this I don't think this a far fetched idea as other developers are doing it. but it could be a way to solve the insufficient memory of the ps3
 
I'd personally love a touge mode, so mapping some of the world's best roads would be perfect. The Gunsai touge would have to be my personal biggest want (great grammar), they make it look so much fun in Best Motoring...
 
Back