Could This Be Honda's Vision GT Concept?

• Thread starter Yui-san
  • 17 comments
Taiwan
SF Bay Area
Yuisan
EYuiSan
I was on Jalopnik and this article caught my eye immediately: a mysterious Honda mid-engine sports concept leaked through a patent filing in the States.

Honda+Concept+Autovisie+002.jpg

If you look at the side profile, it closely reassembles the teaser image that can be found on the Vision GT site, specifically the front fascia and the vents:

Honda Concept.jpg
i1MTIO8UJr9jlSH.jpg

Perhaps Honda is releasing a new sports concept soon, and then slightly altering it to make it their "Vision GT car", like what Toyota did with the FT-1?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Or perhaps somthing to do with mclaren . Or a funny idea they make cars maybe it's for there own line up.

Looks like it was modeled with a potato quality wise.

Shape don't look the same to me

...:irked: Hmm, there's a vague similarity, around the headlights and the side air ducks, but then...

Guess I'll await for a proper "tease"...:indiff:

I'd say they do look pretty damn close, there's just the windowline and the roof, but I guess these things do change over time.

Or perhaps somthing to do with mclaren . Or a funny idea they make cars maybe it's for there own line up.

Looks like it was modeled with a potato quality wise.

Shape don't look the same to me

The patent was filed by Honda USA, so I don't think it has anything to do with McLaren.

And it's a patent model, so of course it won't be of high quality.

As for the shape. I think they resemble each other quite closely. The picture from the VGT site is simply a early sketch, so of there may have been some changes.

Nevertheless, the two almost match perfectly:

Honda.jpg

Front end looks like the new nsx . Roofline did throw me they do match quite good. It do look more like a road car/supercar that the usual vgt's we seen. But that's a good thing

Looks like the NSX and the previous generation R8 fused together, with some W Motors Lykan Hypersport on the rear.

Hmm... The side profiles do look eerily similar, if anything. Of course, it has been shown in the past that most VGT teaserd could (and in some cases did) not match the final product. So, it would make sense if Honda tweaked the project a bit. But if that is true, then the Honda VGT will not have a detailed interior (the leaked images show a fixed, closed roof car, unlike the original VGT teaser).

But I would be quite happy if this turned out to be a S2000-esque VGT concept car, a possible middle ground between the S660 (the new one) and the NSX. Jalopnik believes a bit in this as well.

As long as it's a convertible I'm happy! (Detailed Interior)

The front looks like a Dodge Dart and NSX concept drew a 3D model.
Also, does it look like it might have gullwing doors, anyone?

Looks good, kind of 2013 NSX Concept in the design, honestly I was just hoping for a racing version of the NSX Concept but this looks good

Although I agree the profiles resemble each other very much, I think the similarities end there. In my opinion that design is too conservative for a VGT, even for a Honda. Also since OP mentioned this being a US Honda patent I doubt that Honda JP would allow the US branch to take any glory associated with the VGT project.

Looks good, kind of 2013 NSX Concept in the design, honestly I was just hoping for a racing version of the NSX Concept but this looks good

There is a GT500 version of the NSX already, looks sweet as :drool:

In my opinion that design is too conservative for a VGT, even for a Honda. Also since OP mentioned this being a US Honda patent I doubt that Honda JP would allow the US branch to take any glory associated with the VGT project.

Like I said towards the end, this might be a normal sports concept they plan on revealing at some car show, and then altering it slightly to make it their Vision GT, like what Toyota did with the FT-1.

Plus, the FT-1 Vision GT was a Toyota USA project, not a Toyota Jp one, so it might be the same for Honda.

Like I said towards the end, this might be a normal sports concept they plan on revealing at some car show, and then altering it slightly to make it their Vision GT, like what Toyota did with the FT-1.

Plus, the FT-1 Vision GT was a Toyota USA project, not a Toyota Jp one, so it might be the same for Honda.

My bad, I missed that last part 👍

Whether this is possibly the next VGT or not, it is a patent so there is a good chance this will become a real car unlike the VGTs

Well, if you brighten up the teaser image...

View attachment 388335

There are definitely some similarities, yes, but I personally do not think this is Honda's VGT. Or, Honda can pull off a BMW VGT (where the sketch looks way different from the final model).

Indeed, you have a point, but there is also the possibility that the leaked patent model may be the more "realistic" approach meant for a certain car show, which may be followed by a custom VGT version (in this case a roadster, since the teaser does not have a roof). Toyota has done that with the FT-1 (which was a fairly recent concept when it first came out, and when it became a racing VGT), so it's not like previous brands have not attempted that plan...

Back