- 10,620
- gtp_jimprower
Hey, guys, I went down to a place in Staunton, IL with my grandpa's antique car club. The guy's a dealer, dealing in '80s and earlier vehicles. It's pretty neat, there's a lot of old American iron, there. these caught my eye.
WARNING: If you are here expecting a whole bunch of shiny, fully restored cars, turn back. Many of the cars I took pictures of are priced less than $10,000, are in less than perfect condition, and a couple even belong in the "Questionable Modifications" thread. I don't want to hear a bunch of bellyaching about how the cars aren't perfect, but I do hope you enjoy some of these old cars for what they are.
Here's the main building. See if you can identify the collection up front.
This Jeepster was pretty sharp. It was among the better cars, hence why it's inside.
I badly wanted this one. They actually had three S30s, an early 280, a late 280, and this 240. the Late 280Z was pretty bad, some moron had stuck a wing onto it, and it had been resprayed, so I didn't snap it. This one was in really good condition.
A '79 Checker Marathon, the Civilian version of the famous Checker Cab. This one was okay, save for that flat. It'd been sitting awhile, I surmise.
Wait, Fiat sold cars other than the X1/9 in America? this was an '81 Brava.
There was a Regal T-Type, and this Grand National there. I couldn't get a shot of the entire GN, so I got the engine instead.
This Cougar XR7 wasn't in great shape, but wasn't bad, either. It'd been modified a little, and probably resprayed.
What happens when you deck out a Grumman mail truck. I think it may have come from the factory this way.
SHARP Jag.
The forerunner to the 2008 Focus, the Edsel ate babies, too. Actually, it looks kinda cool, and I couldn't resist a photo op.
This poor Barracuda looked so sad, sinking into the ground. It looks pretty solid...will someone please rescue it?
This little guy made me smile. It's a little Datsun truck, and it has a beer keg as a fuel tank.
There was a GTO nearby, but, meh, this Torino was undeniably cooler.
A pair of VW buses. there were some Bugs out there, too, and a Thing, but I couldn't get good pictures.
IH pickup turned into a hot rod. I wasn't sure what to think.
Later IH. I liked this one better.
Uh...That's not an AMC....that's not even a cool car. (Any mods you see, the dealer didn't do.)
Now THAT's getting your name across!
It may be ugly, and in rough condition, but it's kinda cool seeing Dodge's "ute," the Omni-based Rampage.
HERE'S a neat old car. It's a Kaiser, from an American independent of the early '50s. You don't see many of these, in any condition.
The photo doesn't do it justice: you could stick a small graveyard's worth of bodies in that trunk.
More "eew" -ness. This car has an SBC swap, tint, ugly wheels, Pipes an inch away from being Demi-Bosozoku...yeah. ew.
Nothing special here, just a crummy old Cadillac, right?
Wrong. It had the failed V8-6-4 option. First time seeing one in person, t'was kinda neat.
Ever wonder what the Buick Special in GT4 looked like stock? Now you know.
A row showing the selection, here.
This is the early 280Z I was talking about. It's pretty sharp, though it had a slight miss, and a "Rare" automatic transmission option. There was a young couple (or perhaps father and daughter) looking it over for serious consideration. It was the first of the S30s I saw, and I'd have taken it if I had the money. That is, of course, until I saw that yellow 240...
so, that was my day. what do you guys think?
WARNING: If you are here expecting a whole bunch of shiny, fully restored cars, turn back. Many of the cars I took pictures of are priced less than $10,000, are in less than perfect condition, and a couple even belong in the "Questionable Modifications" thread. I don't want to hear a bunch of bellyaching about how the cars aren't perfect, but I do hope you enjoy some of these old cars for what they are.
Here's the main building. See if you can identify the collection up front.
This Jeepster was pretty sharp. It was among the better cars, hence why it's inside.
I badly wanted this one. They actually had three S30s, an early 280, a late 280, and this 240. the Late 280Z was pretty bad, some moron had stuck a wing onto it, and it had been resprayed, so I didn't snap it. This one was in really good condition.
A '79 Checker Marathon, the Civilian version of the famous Checker Cab. This one was okay, save for that flat. It'd been sitting awhile, I surmise.
Wait, Fiat sold cars other than the X1/9 in America? this was an '81 Brava.
There was a Regal T-Type, and this Grand National there. I couldn't get a shot of the entire GN, so I got the engine instead.
This Cougar XR7 wasn't in great shape, but wasn't bad, either. It'd been modified a little, and probably resprayed.
What happens when you deck out a Grumman mail truck. I think it may have come from the factory this way.
SHARP Jag.
The forerunner to the 2008 Focus, the Edsel ate babies, too. Actually, it looks kinda cool, and I couldn't resist a photo op.
This poor Barracuda looked so sad, sinking into the ground. It looks pretty solid...will someone please rescue it?
This little guy made me smile. It's a little Datsun truck, and it has a beer keg as a fuel tank.
There was a GTO nearby, but, meh, this Torino was undeniably cooler.
A pair of VW buses. there were some Bugs out there, too, and a Thing, but I couldn't get good pictures.
IH pickup turned into a hot rod. I wasn't sure what to think.
Later IH. I liked this one better.
Uh...That's not an AMC....that's not even a cool car. (Any mods you see, the dealer didn't do.)
Now THAT's getting your name across!
It may be ugly, and in rough condition, but it's kinda cool seeing Dodge's "ute," the Omni-based Rampage.
HERE'S a neat old car. It's a Kaiser, from an American independent of the early '50s. You don't see many of these, in any condition.
The photo doesn't do it justice: you could stick a small graveyard's worth of bodies in that trunk.
More "eew" -ness. This car has an SBC swap, tint, ugly wheels, Pipes an inch away from being Demi-Bosozoku...yeah. ew.
Nothing special here, just a crummy old Cadillac, right?
Wrong. It had the failed V8-6-4 option. First time seeing one in person, t'was kinda neat.
Ever wonder what the Buick Special in GT4 looked like stock? Now you know.
A row showing the selection, here.
This is the early 280Z I was talking about. It's pretty sharp, though it had a slight miss, and a "Rare" automatic transmission option. There was a young couple (or perhaps father and daughter) looking it over for serious consideration. It was the first of the S30s I saw, and I'd have taken it if I had the money. That is, of course, until I saw that yellow 240...
so, that was my day. what do you guys think?
